#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

The reactions on this board look just like The Avengers last year to be honest. IM3 was never going to perform like TA simply because TA will only be outperformed by TA2.The fact that IM3 is performing better than TDKR should be enough to send the message, Iron Man is indeed the new superhero king. I'd say that the chances of IM3 getting a 2.6 multiplier or even more are very real, regardless the tough competition, it is possible. When you stop to think that before 2008 Iron Man was seen as a B list Marvel character, it shows how Thingd have changed.

It's performing better than TDKR?

TDKR is ahead as of this posting.

IM3 is still doing ganbuster abroad too. It is holding well against STID and manage to keep its number one spots in certain markets.

I think $940 - 950 millions ww is expected on sunday.  Hitting 1 billion on next wednesday or friday latest will seal the deal.

• Like 3

Chillax people. IM3 is still on center stage. Understudies are just chomping at the bit for their chance in the spotlight. And they will go through the same exact thing. We will all have the chance to look at STiD and MoS, PR, MU etc... And whether or not they underperform/overperform people will be supporting and challenging their runs. And IM3 is over performing by most measures

Overseas yeas, domestically no. Still a good total.

Here are the Gatsby numbers:

MOVIE Previews Friday Total

GREAT GATSBY      
2D 46 208 254
3D 12 180 192
Total 58 388 446
Ratio 0.21 0.46 0.43
  • Like 5

Excuse me, I didn't quote him. My post was in general. Lol, it seems I touched a lot of nerves.

So, your argument is that everyone here hates every movie except IM3?  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Cute  :wub:  :wub:

Maybe he meant on the weekends? Or overseas/worldwide? Iron Man 3 will not be topping 448 million domestic.  

Well it should have a bigger total since it opened bigger. It's not beating TDKR's 448 M. But at least 1.2 B worldwide is a lock imo.

I still say the top story of the weekend so far is the gigantic flop of Peeples.

Yeah, that one is a surprise. There goes one question in my BSG this week  :lol:

So, your argument is that everyone here hates every movie except IM3?  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Cute  :wub:  :wub:

Did I say EVERYONE? Stop putting words into my mouth. This what makes you fanboys pathetic. You always assume.

• Like 1

May vs July.On Sunday IM3 will ahead, next Thursday TDKR will be ahead or even.You have to go week by week when comparing months.

I am aware of the release date difference but to say IM lll is ahead is wrong.