A Marvel Fanboy

2016 Discussion Thread (Gremlins/Goonies In the Works)

I think Paramount will schedule Star Trek for November 11th, it's not going to cope against Batman vs Superman, X-Men and Through the Looking Glass, either X-Men or TTLG will move back a week plus it's closer to the 50th anniversary.

• Like 1

May 6: Captain America 3

May 6: Batman v Superman: Dawn of JusticeMay 13: Universal Untitled R-Rated ComedyMay 20: Pixels

May 20: Star Trek 3

May 27: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse

May 27: Through the Looking Glass

^That May looks huge, 2 300M+, 1 400M+, 3 250M+ and 4 200M+ Bold = My prediction.

I'm not sure I understand the breakdown. Do you mean one 400m film and then two other 300m films? Which are which? Same for June and July, actually. I'm curious which you think are which.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I understand the breakdown. Do you mean one 400m film and then two other 300m films? Which are which? Same for June and July, actually. I'm curious which you think are which.

1 400M and 2 300M (includes the 400M).

May:

DOJ - 400M+

CA3 - 300M+

2 over 300M

Apoc - 250M+

ST3 - 200M+ (5 over 200M)

Missed TTLG

June:

FD - 400M+

TF5 - 300M+

Dragons/ASM 3 -250M+ (Actually ASM3 is of that list and Dragons might be also).

July

MU, Apes, ID4, Birds - 200M+

• Like 1

1 400M and 2 300M (includes the 400M).

May:

DOJ - 400M+

CA3 - 300M+

2 over 300M

Apoc - 250M+

ST3 - 200M+ (5 over 200M)

Missed TTLG

June:

FD - 400M+

TF5 - 300M+

Dragons/ASM 3 -250M+ (Actually ASM3 is of that list and Dragons might be also).

July

MU, Apes, ID4, Birds - 200M+

I would relocate ST3 in the Fall like some suggested here.

ID4 in July: Fox is confident aren't they?

Prometheus is a visually stunning movie with bad script

they should hire a better writer for their more important

franchise here.

• Like 1

I would relocate ST3 in the Fall like some suggested here.

ID4 in July: Fox is confident aren't they?

Prometheus is a visually stunning movie with bad script

they should hire a better writer for their more important

franchise here.

What does Prometheus have to do with anything here?

• Like 1

Thor the Dark World and Bond have proven you can be a hit in November even against heavyweights like Twilight and The Hunger Games plus the highest grossing Star Trek films outside of the recent films have been in November. With the free promotion they'll likely get due to the 50th anniversary, it's likely a well made, well promoted Star Trek has the potential to do big business

• Like 1

Star Trek 3 (13) in November works for me. If Transformers 5 is not coming out in July 4th, 2017 then JLA can take that spot now.

Why not the mid-July spot? What do you mean July 4th? It never had a date.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

Thor the Dark World and Bond have proven you can be a hit in November even against heavyweights like Twilight and The Hunger Games plus the highest grossing Star Trek films outside of the recent films have been in November. With the free promotion they'll likely get due to the 50th anniversary, it's likely a well made, well promoted Star Trek has the potential to do big business

Why does the month matter for the anniversary?

• Like 1

Why does the month matter for the anniversary?

The actual anniversary is in September but that's not a great month to release films like Star Trek but a November release allows them months of free publicity before the actual release. Skyfall benefitted from the 50th anniversary of the Bond franchise and I think the same will be true for Star Trek plus they can do an early OS release to capitalise on local holidays. The competition in November isnt as strong compared to summer
  • Like 1

The actual anniversary is in September but that's not a great month to release films like Star Trek but a November release allows them months of free publicity before the actual release. Skyfall benefitted from the 50th anniversary of the Bond franchise and I think the same will be true for Star Trek plus they can do an early OS release to capitalise on local holidays. The competition in November isnt as strong compared to summer

I don't think the month matters as much as the year does. You don't think the previous 12 movies+trailers is good publicity? Skyfall had other factors.

Is there a reason other than anniversary for November? May 20 would work as one of the movies will move likely DoJ and will have a 2013 scenario for ST3 with a better movie 250M+ is possible.

• Like 1

I don't think the month matters as much as the year does. You don't think the previous 12 movies+trailers is good publicity? Skyfall had other factors.Is there a reason other than anniversary for November? May 20 would work as one of the movies will move likely DoJ and will have a 2013 scenario for ST3 with a better movie 250M+ is possible.

May 20th is only a week before X-Men which is coming off DOFP which was well received, I reckon May 20th will be filled with Through the Looking Glass rather than it going head to head with X-Men.November currently has Fantastic Beasts and an Untitled Universal/Legendary project as well as Trolls and Giants. That would allow Star Trek to have a good run taking advantage of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • Like 1

May 20th is only a week before X-Men which is coming off DOFP which was well received, I reckon May 20th will be filled with Through the Looking Glass rather than it going head to head with X-Men.November currently has Fantastic Beasts and an Untitled Universal/Legendary project as well as Trolls and Giants. That would allow Star Trek to have a good run taking advantage of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Again look at 2013. Doubt  Apocalypse will do Fast 6 #s. Well then ST3 better hurry up and take that date before Glass does. Christmas thats a good one.

• Like 1

Transformers 5 is coming out in 2016.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/18/transformers-5-confirmed-for-2016

I'm surprise Transformers 5 is coming out in 2016 and not 2017. Two years seems so soon since we also have Independence Day 2 coming out that year.

The three previous movies had two-year gaps, 2007, 2009 and 2011.

• Like 1

Transformers 5 is coming out in 2016.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/18/transformers-5-confirmed-for-2016

I'm surprise Transformers 5 is coming out in 2016 and not 2017. Two years seems so soon since we also have Independence Day 2 coming out that year.

2 years is sufficient for do incredible special effects, Transformers movies don't need story, so is more easy.

• Like 1

Why not the mid-July spot? What do you mean July 4th? It never had a date.

I know it never did, but I was hoping it would take the July 4th spot if TF5 was not coming out in 2016. I thought they would stop the two yearly for movies since TF4 is coming out three years after TF3.

• Like 1

May 6: Captain America 3

May 6: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

May 13: Universal Untitled R-Rated Comedy

May 20: Pixels

May 20: Star Trek 3

May 27: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse

May 27: Through the Looking Glass

^That May looks huge, 2 300M+, 1 400M+, 3 250M+ and 5 200M+ Bold = My prediction.

June 3: Sausage Party

June 3: Snow White and the Huntsman Part 2

June 10: The Amazing Spider-Man 3

June 17: How to Train Your Dragon 3

June 17: Finding Dory

June 24:  Transformers V

Bold = My predictions, ASM is rumored to move as one of the June 17 movies will likely move. TF5 that its likely date. If the schedule stays like so 1 400M+, 2 300M+, 4 250M+

July 1:  ID Forever Part One

July 1: The BFG

July 1: Tarzan

July 1: Angry Birds

July 8:  Marvel Untitled - Thor 3

July 15: Ice Age 5

July 15: Untitled Bourne Legacy  2

July 22: King Arthur

July 29: Maple Syrup Heist Project

July 29: Planet of the Apes 2

Bold = My prediction. July is stacked, if HTTYD2 moves Bourne or Arthur should move. Also May 20 might work for Birds, ST3 or Arthur. No way July 4th weekend stays that packed with a possible TF5 the week before. No 400M+ movies, but 4 200M+ and 8-9 100M+ movies.

Christ that looks awful. 15 sequels and "original" projects are Adam Sandler's Pixels, Tarzan, Angry Birds? Ew.

They should throw GI Joe 3 there too because it's full of shit already. Hansel & Gretel 2 because I don't know why it's being made.

• Like 2

Christ that looks awful. 15 sequels and "original" projects are Adam Sandler's Pixels, Tarzan, Angry Birds? Ew.

They should throw GI Joe 3 there too because it's full of shit already. Hansel & Gretel 2 because I don't know why it's being made.

Missed some.

• Like 1