A Marvel Fanboy

2016 Discussion Thread (Gremlins/Goonies In the Works)

Star Trek makes sense. It really needs a good date to bring in the money. If it is released in the summer it might not make over 200 million because it's so crowded. It worked for Bond.  Are there any superhero films targeting released that year besides CA3 and BvS

And before Star Trek and Star Trek into Darkness, the highest grossing films of the franchise were The Voyage Home and First Contact  which were both November releases so actually Star Trek in November isn't new.

Edited by Jonwo

What release date do you think Lionsgate's Power Rangers reboot will set on? I guess summer 2017 since 2016 may be fill up already with Batman vs. Superman, Alice 2, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, How to Train Your Dragon 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Captain America 3, Independence Day 2, Ice Age 5 and Rise of the Planet of the Apes 3.

What release date do you think Lionsgate's Power Rangers reboot will set on? I guess summer 2017 since 2016 may be fill up already with Batman vs. Superman, Alice 2, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, How to Train Your Dragon 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, Captain America 3, Independence Day 2, Ice Age 5 and Rise of the Planet of the Apes 3.

Maybe, but when it start getting filled up move to September.

I'm not sure if Lionsgate would go with 190m budget for Rangers. They have cash (now) but they're not exactly WB to bet so much. 150m would still be enough, and they can easily have less zord scenes to bring down the CGI bloat a bit, Rangers in suits are an attraction in itself, like superheroes, zords are just extra icing on the cake

Edited by BobbyJohn

What year do you think WB will release Godzilla 2? I guess May 26, 2017 could be good. They can move The Lego movie sequel to a new date.

June 23 or July 7, but would likely be 10 days from JL.

Could it be out by 2016?

Edited by Neo

I'm not sure if Lionsgate would go with 190m budget for Rangers. They have cash (now) but they're not exactly WB to bet so much. 150m would still be enough, and they can easily have less zord scenes to bring down the CGI bloat a bit, Rangers in suits are an attraction in itself, like superheroes, zords are just extra icing on the cake

80M Maybe. is very risked do with a higher budget.

Edited by alisson23

June 23 or July 7, but would likely be 10 days from JL.Could it be out by 2016?

Hope not. It will be rushed. I see Caps 3 taking the first week of April again. No need to compete with Bats and Supes. Marvel made it this far by being smart and well coordinated. They'll make the right move and Caps 3 will have a bigger April than Caps 2.

Wait, there's a POWER RANGERS movie in the works?

http://www.powerrangers.com/featurefilmannouncement.pdf

2016 is already fill up, so I think 2017 is likely for the Power Rangers reboot. Not to mention they haven't got a writer (the news report of the writer was reported to be fake), cast and director. They would have to rush it if they want it out by 2016.If JLA comes out in June or July 2017 then I guess August 4th or 11th would be good. The first two weeks of August are the last major summer movie weeks. With good marketing and word of mouth, a PR movie could do well at the box office. I hope Lionsgate has more control over the movie then Saban going by Saban recent track record on the newer PR shows since 2011.

• Like 1