A Marvel Fanboy

2016 Discussion Thread (Gremlins/Goonies In the Works)

Gremlins I feel is ripe for a re-introduction. The concept can be utilized so much better now with the technology available.

Goonies is up there in sacred ground territory for me. When I hear Goonies sequel my stomach unconsciously does a somersault. 

The original cast as adults on an adventure, at face value, doesn't hold appeal. Now if it were their kids, maybe using some Goon Dock reunion or christening of a One Eyed Willy museum got them all together fine. Even then I'm asked to accept Astoria has another lingering mystery to solve.

Gremlins....go for it.

Goonies.......watch your step Hollywood. 

I've noticed 2016 will be the first year in a while we've not had a YA film in the third weekend November slot so I imagine we'll have a tentpole in that slot, I think Star Trek 3 should go there with maybe an OS launch either the week before or in October. 

I've noticed 2016 will be the first year in a while we've not had a YA film in the third weekend November slot so I imagine we'll have a tentpole in that slot, I think Star Trek 3 should go there with maybe an OS launch either the week before or in October. 

Oh wow that's true from 2008-2015, every year there would have been a YA tentpole being released the 3rd weekend of November. That's like 8 years. It's almost like the first week of May for Marvel films. 

Oh wow that's true from 2008-2015, every year there would have been a YA tentpole being released the 3rd weekend of November. That's like 8 years. It's almost like the first week of May for Marvel films. 

Given how crowded Summer 2016, it make sense for Paramount to move Star Trek to November especially as that year is the 50th Anniversary and they can capitalise on the amount of free publicity it will get. Otherwise, maybe a superhero film?

Given how crowded Summer 2016, it make sense for Paramount to move Star Trek to November especially as that year is the 50th Anniversary and they can capitalise on the amount of free publicity it will get. Otherwise, maybe a superhero film?

Move? It doesn't have a date yet. Just need a tie in with the Olympics and they are set.

Star Trek makes sense. It really needs a good date to bring in the money. If it is released in the summer it might not make over 200 million because it's so crowded. It worked for Bond.  Are there any superhero films targeting released that year besides CA3 and BvS

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

Star Trek makes sense. It really needs a good date to bring in the money. If it is released in the summer it might not make over 200 million because it's so crowded. It worked for Bond.  Are there any superhero films targeting released that year besides CA3 and BvS

3 more.

Apocalypse

TASM3

MU2

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE in May, TASM lll in June and another Marvel film in July.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1