theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

An A, but with $22mil Friday...........

42 got an A+, but hasn't had A+ legs. GG got a B or B+, but is still doing pretty well. Most films usually get B+ to A and horrors get C's and below because they werent "scary" or "ended dumb". CS is okay generally, but it really doesn't mean much.

Edited by jandrew

In 2011 only MI4 really did better then most thought it could do out of the major sequels. Okay DH2 did well, but what I am thinking of is how many disapointments there were that year. Hopefully this is not a repeat.

What is the absolute max/min you can imagine this doing for the weekend? (Okay make it realistic at least-I don't mean a 400% Saturday increase or a 99% decrease)

If Godzilla disappoints next year, we'll probably see studios avoid releasing tentpole this weekend. The last film to do very well in the 3rd weekend of May was what, Shrek 3? 

Pirates did 90, which I guess is okay

Into Flopness below my beloved Oz.  :wub:

Say what you will about Kunis in it but this is just :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Posted Image

This and "You`ll never see me coming" are lines of the year.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

So what would of the OW been if this stayed on a Friday? I'm guessing mid 80s. While not as great as most were predicting, I doubt we be calling it a "flop"

Say what you will about Kunis in it but this is just :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Posted Image

This and "You`ll never see me coming" are lines of the year.

Kunis' performance was iconic, probably for the wrong reasons, but we need more of this gloriously bad performance.

• Like 2