#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Fast and Furious Sat drop: 19%Fast Five Sat drop: 13% Absolutely incredible how this franchise has managed to get LESS frontloaded.

Being the weekend it is, kind of hard to not continue that trend, but still impressive nevertheless.
  • Like 1

In Houston, yeah, kinda.

Everything is cheaper in Texas, so yes, $3 for parking at a movie theater is definitely worth complaining.

Lets say FF6 does 100M for the 3 day weekend.Next week, I think a 60% drop is good(40M).This could beat After Earth next week! :D

Everything is cheaper in Texas, so yes, $3 for parking at a movie theater is definitely worth complaining.

I mean, every other theater in Houston has no fee for parking, but given that Greenway is in an area where you can't have a parking lot, I suppose I could understand why...

I need to start parking at LA Fitness and just walking over.

I assume in Houston, the Edwards Greenway is the busiest?

$3 bucks for parking though...

Nope. The busiest in Houston is Marq'e but the Cinemarks are blowing up the spot for F6 as well.

http://www.fandango.com/houston_tx_movietimes?date=5%2f25%2f2013&tid=aapot

Edited by ECSTASY

I mean, every other theater in Houston has no fee for parking, but given that Greenway is in an area where you can't have a parking lot, I suppose I could understand why...

I need to start parking at LA Fitness and just walking over.

Get some exercise in before movie time  :)

Being the weekend it is, kind of hard to not continue that trend, but still impressive nevertheless.

Well, the interesting thing is MDW Saturdays tend to be weaker since business is spread over the 4 days. See how Sex 2, Terminator Salvation, Hangover 2 all dropped on Saturday despite burning a ton of demand on Thursday, and there are other examples of openers have really weak increases like Prince of Persia.

For Furious 6 to drop less than 5 is fantastic, even without accounting for the higher midnight percentage.

I've never heard of a movie theater charging people to park. ^^And Ed, I called that weeks ago. Would be amazing if it happens.

I think After Earth will fall below 35M next week. Shitload of holdovers.

Friday was dreadful in the city. Perhaps Saturday did well but Friday was fucked.RTH, you think E Walk and Empire have some sort of contractual agreement to what movie plays where?

Yes, some distributors only play one e.g. Focus all seem to go to Empire, other some films are given to Empire some Regal

eg WB Most Regal, Sony Regal got ZDT & call, Par Empire got  H&G P&G Regal GIJ JR Stid,Fox Croods Regal rest Empire

etc.

These situations its a mix on deal  it might only be offered to one or film offered to both and see who comes back with best play deal (bidding for a film) or it could be contract saying we will give X films per year to one and the other.