#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Amazing performance by FF6. I wrote the series off after number 2 (which was one of the worst movies I have ever seen) so to see it come back and dominate summer is fantastic. 

Hangover III performance probably reflects more the general consensus of H2 rather than H3. Very disapointing but i'm sure it will still make money for the studio.

STID runs the gauntlet and holds brilliantly. Its kind of remarkable when you would think that if any franchise would be front-loaded it would be a nerdy stigmatised franchise like ST. 

You sure it doesn't have to do with H3 being even worse than H2?

• Like 1

M2 was in early November, not Thanksgiving. Kids don't get out of school till a few days before Christmas.

WRECK-IT RALPH, A CHRISTMAS CAROL, THE POLAR EXPRESS. Early November releases that were leggier than MADAGASCAR ll and lll.

WRECK-IT RALPH, A CHRISTMAS CAROL, THE POLAR EXPRESS. Early November releases that were leggier than MADAGASCAR ll and lll.

2 of those 3 films are Christmas films-Christmas films tend to have really great legs, even the bad ones.

Anyway-I'm done. I am just saying that weekdays are not as good in the Fall as the Summer. (And yes November is the Fall)

I'm just showing you Kayu, that early November does not have as good as legs is all.

Leaving this discussion won't make you right. Just sayin.

You sure it doesn't have to do with H3 being even worse than H2?

I don't think it is worse than H2.

Regardless, I think reviews are over-rated for week 1 of a movie - particularly for a movie that is the 3rd in the franchise. You tend to be either sold on it and will watch regardless of reviews, or you will stay away knowing its not the type of thing you will enjoy.

Reviews and WOM kick in from 2nd week onwards when people who enjoyed it want to see it again and/or tell their friends its great and they should see it. Or alternatively they  should stay far far away from it.

I am trying to avoid it-but just one thing also-Polar Express was released on a Wednesday. And kids are out in the Summer, not November outside of 2 days for thanksgiving break.

Also the Pixar chart:

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?view=openings&id=pixar.htm&sort=perc&order=DESC&p=.htm

Outside of TS1 and Bugs Life the best legs are Summer releases-early Summer mostly.

I am not saying what has better legs or not I'm just pointing out that when kids are in school and the weekday differences is all.

Lets just move on now.

They need to get on the ball with Pac Rim marketing. Not many people know of its existence, lol.

When you know that people that are anticipating a Del Torro film are these kids that are 10 years old more then adults...something is wrong here. :lol: (Only reason why I know people want to see it is due to my nephew)

More people know about:DM2, Lone Ranger, Monsters U, MOS, White House Down, Wolvie 2, heck I think more might know about Conjuring and The Internship at this point.

Anyway-congrats to Fast breaking the Universal OW record. Which the top 4 are just Fast films and The Lost World. With Bruce being number 5.

Amazing how a franchise can start off with very humble beginnings even now.

• Like 1

More people know about:DM2, Lone Ranger, Monsters U, MOS, White House Down, Wolvie 2, heck I think more might know about Conjuring and The Internship at this point.

You can throw in WWZ as well. 2 middle-age ladies were talking about seeing it in a bookshop the other day.

You can throw in WWZ as well. 2 middle-age ladies were talking about seeing it in a bookshop the other day.

I've heard more for Red 2 and 2 Guns also.

Oddly the film that is being ignored is Turbo. I don't think I've ever seen a DWA Summer release this unknown since...Sinbad in 2003.

I've heard more for Red 2 and 2 Guns also.Oddly the film that is being ignored is Turbo. I don't think I've ever seen a DWA Summer release this unknown since...Sinbad in 2003.

Dreamworks has a film coming out? :unsure:

We just missed this being the biggest weekend of all time by $13 million.

The culprit is TH3. Had that opened higher than $60 million for the 3 day weekend it would have easily broken that mark.