Punishment

Tue Numbers: F6 8.1, HO3 4.2, STID 3.4, Epic 2.3, GG 1.6

I don't mind raunchy comedy. THERE'S SOMETHING ABT MARY started a whole new genre.

Remember the hair gel? But after that, people just go for shock value: the horrible, unfunny

SCARY MOVIE series, and the even worse HAUNTED HOUSE. MARY is truly funny, WEDDING

CRASHERS got heart, the rest are just dull.

Not to be a dick because I agree with you about Mary starting the genre for this generation, but Porky's is really the grand daddy of them all.  It had a lot of raunch in it and it came out in 1982.

Not to be a dick because I agree with you about Mary starting the genre for this generation, but Porky's is really the grand daddy of them all.  It had a lot of raunch in it and it came out in 1982.

The early and mid 80s were a boom, but the raunchy comedy genre had fallen by the wayside in the 90s until MARY resurrected it. The raunch in the 80s mainly had to do with nudity and sexual situations, MARY added the whole "body fluids" concept.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

I dunno, B, look at the daily numbers and extrapolate from there.

I haven't done that yet....but okay, let's try:

Wed:  3.5

Thurs:  3.1

Fri:  6.2

Sat:  7.5

Sun:  4.7

That's using Hangover 2's drops:  18.4 or a 56.5% drop

It's possible.

I haven't done that yet....but okay, let's try:

Wed:  3.5

Thurs:  3.1

Fri:  6.2

Sat:  7.5

Sun:  4.7

That's using Hangover 2's drops:  18.4 or a 56.5% drop

It's possible.

Yeah, I ran the numbers again and came up similar to you; I must've made a mistake with my earlier spitballing.

The early and mid 80s were a boom, but the raunchy comedy genre had fallen by the wayside in the 90s until MARY resurrected it. The raunch in the 80s mainly had to do with nudity and sexual situations, MARY added the whole "body fluids" concept.

Yes, I agree.  I'm just giving props to Porky's as it really pushed the envelope with sexual raunch.  But I do  concur that Mary started the bodily fluid craze.

Yeah, I ran the numbers again and came up similar to you; I must've made a mistake with my earlier spitballing.

But there is no guarantee it does what H2 did, but then again, those are minimal gains on the weekend.

Not to be a dick because I agree with you about Mary starting the genre for this generation, but Porky's is really the grand daddy of them all. It had a lot of raunch in it and it came out in 1982.

what about animal house?
  • Like 2

I don't mind raunchy comedy. THERE'S SOMETHING ABT MARY started a whole new genre.

Remember the hair gel? But after that, people just go for shock value: the horrible, unfunny

SCARY MOVIE series, and the even worse HAUNTED HOUSE. MARY is truly funny, WEDDING

CRASHERS got heart, the rest are just dull.

I know, right?  The shock value of pooping on the street and eating a sandwich off someone's lap...

Anyone know what I'm talking about?  Yup, you guessed it:  Bridesmaids.