#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

2014 summer looks extremely weak. IDK if its the fantastic 2013 and rising 2015 summer making it look bad, but either way, its bland. And it doesnt help thag alot of the sequels are from 2011 movies, which was also a bland year.

I'm excited for alot of the actual movies coming out next summer in terms of quality/hype, but I'm not optimistic about the box office in the slightest. I'm pumped as hell for X-Men, Apes, 21JS, Godzilla, and Fast Seven, but there's certainly no Avengers/TDKR/Iron Man 3/MOS level event.

Yep.

DOFP, Apes, and Godzilla might turn out to be good movies, but they don't have the box office potential to really break out huge. They're niche films without the super broad GA appeal of Iron Man or Superman.

2014 summer looks extremely weak. IDK if its the fantastic 2013 and rising 2015 summer making it look bad, but either way, its bland. And it doesnt help thag alot of the sequels are from 2011 movies, which was also a bland year.

Summer 2011 was a record-breaking summer.

HO3 is storming to 500M WW off a little 100M budget. One of the most profitable big movies of the year, if not THE.

It is a blockbuster, a massive hit, the IM3/TDK/Skyfall of American comedies.

This is a domestic thread. Those cinemascores were from the domestic audience. Why are you bringing up worldwide numbers here?

Well looks like June is starting off with a whimper. At least I'm excited that NYSM may actually score a real upset. But the holdovers are just meh..I don't know how the drops could be because of competition because its nowhere near as tough as last weekend.

There is nothing in After Earth that lOoks like it will make kids will want to see it

You can't ignore the fact that it's got Jaden Smith in it and its been heavily advertised on channels like Disney and Nick.

2015 in general has 4 movies that are gonna be hitting 450+ at the box office, and three movies that will probably beat The Avengers Opening Weekend record. And that's just right now. Best year ever.

HO3 is storming to 500M WW off a little 100M budget. One of the most profitable big movies of the year, if not THE.

It is a blockbuster, a massive hit, the IM3/TDK/Skyfall of American comedies.

Great post.  Films are not relegated to one market.  They are global now.  The Hangover, as you said, is heading towards 500 mill WW, which is a giant hit.  And there is no denying it.

• Like 3

2015 in general has 4 movies that are gonna be hitting 450+ at the box office, and three movies that will probably beat The Avengers Opening Weekend record. And that's just right now. Best year ever.

?????????????????????????????????????????/

SW7 will not break the TA opening weekend as it will likely open on a Thursday

Edited by Lordmandeep

Still not enough to justify the great WOM for FF6 ...So I guess CS is useless indeed.

Oh shut up! The WOM is good! Feedback is what you look at, not idiotic CS and drops. Why its not performing better than F5 IDK, but reactions have been better F5, THATS how you judge WOM. The drop wouldve been softer if not for MW. Next weekend could rebound. The only explanation is that F6 didnt break out of its core as much we thought it would. Same issue for Trek. Thats had a "disapointing" run, even with great feedback. IM3 was more good feedback than great and it still trumps them all. Thats just how it works. Stop crying about WOM, it is good. Go look online and talk to people in person and you will get your WOM, drops and CS can KTS. Ugh. Edited by jandrew