#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

2015 in general has 4 movies that are gonna be hitting 450+ at the box office, and three movies that will probably beat The Avengers Opening Weekend record. And that's just right now. Best year ever.

Three movies? I know there's Avengers 2.

• Like 1

2015 in general has 4 movies that are gonna be hitting 450+ at the box office, and three movies that will probably beat The Avengers Opening Weekend record. And that's just right now. Best year ever.

TA2, EP7 and what?

We're probably going to see a depressed weekend next week too. FF6 and The Purge may be the only films over 20m.Nothing's having a good hold this weekend, but I'm surprised how badly Epic is dropping. Spaghetti's under 120m seems likely now.

Animation = huge Saturday bump, usually....

Actually I am surprised with EPIC performance, I thought this 

would get lost in the shuffle among the big boys. Very good

counterprogramming by Fox. I bet this one doesn't cost a thing

• Founder / Operator

I will see AsM 2, Apes and Godzilla like 10 times in theaters... I seem to be only one who can't wait for next year...

I think it's awesome for guys like you that do look forward to next May. I just don't think general audiences are going to feel the same way. At all.

I don't think it'll go quite that low, maybe 120m at best, but not worse than 2010.

Hence, "one of" the least attended. But I'm not writing off the chance to go below 2010 yet. At least that month had IM2 and Shrek 4.

Way I see it. Man of Steel and Despicable Me 2 are the only remaining mega-hits in store for this summer.

PACIFIC RIM!!!

:P

• Like 2

I think it's awesome for guys like you that do look forward to next May. I just don't think general audiences are going to feel the same way. At all.

Hence, "one of" the least attended. But I'm not writing off the chance to go below 2010 yet. At least that month had IM2 and Shrek 4.

PACIFIC RIM!!!

:P

I think ASM2 if marketed well will likely expand as it seems familiar.

Superhero film in early May especially Spider man. 

Not all they can. 

Avengers 2 is pretty much a damn sure thing, and honestly, Star Wars Seven, assuming it's solid, is gonna do it. I'm betting that the audience for Hunger Games keeps expanding, so why not Mocking Jay? And I have a laundry list of reasons why Finding Dory is not only hitting 450, but might pull one of the biggest upsets ever and win the entire year. 

Don't you think this "good" reactions should have translated to a good multiplier?

I just explained it. IT DIDNT BREAK OUT OF ITS CORE AS MUCH AS WE THOUGHT IT WOULD. IT WAS THE SAME FOR TREK. Im not spending an entire day watching you go on about multipliers again.
  • Like 1

No where near in attendance. And i still think the movies were bland idc about grosses.

Near attendance of what? It was more or less a more attended year than summer 2012. You should care about the grosses because that's what box office is about.

I'm excited for alot of the actual movies coming out next summer in terms of quality/hype, but I'm not optimistic about the box office in the slightest. I'm pumped as hell for X-Men, Apes, 21JS, Godzilla, and Fast Seven, but there's certainly no Avengers/TDKR/Iron Man 3/MOS level event.

Transformers: Whatever it's called should be good for 300M plus up to 400M if Bay recreates whatever it was that made the first film in thje first trilogy so well-liked.

• Founder / Operator

After you factor out the Thursday night showings, AE made more than NYSM on Friday. Since its the type of film that should get a bigge Saturday jump, I don't see how it finishes behind NYSM.

If it does finish behind NYSM for the weekend, it might really be the bad WOM preventing people from seeing it who ordinarily otherwise would've.

How are you factoring out Thursday night shows? Keep in mind: NYSM opened at 7pm Thursday, one reason its preview gross was 50% higher than AE's. If anything, it looks business for both movies was fairly equal on Friday. NYSM has the advantage over the weekend, though.

It does make me wonder if The Good Dinosaur could be a contender to win the summer

This. At the very least, it has a strong chance to win May.