#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

I literally feel sorry for anyone who thinks this movie is anything more than mediocre.

I feel sorry for folks who think overthinking things makes them have finer taste.

Man of Steel is a better film with better acting, better production values, and a better story, thematically and in pretty much every measurable way, than every superhero film every made which does not have 'THE DARK KNIGHT' in the title. Any Spider-man, Batman Begins, Superman-The Movie - none of them compare with MAN OF STEEL. MAN OF STEEL might not be fully developed, but it is far better than many give it credit for.

You guys went in expecting MILD MANNERED KANSAS FARM BOY Clark Kent to have Tony Stark's charisma or Bruce Wayne's coolness. It yourselves who don't understand the character. He has to be able to say "I can do things other people can't" with a straight face and not sound laughable. Cavill was great, the film was great, the sequel will hopefulll explore and fully realize some of the themes this one hinted at.

Those of us aware of the films greatness simply have a better grasp for the character and went in with no preconcived notions to judge the film against. The ones who enjoyed the film are the ones who understand what a modern Superman film needs to be. Those of you finding it too boring or too dumb are the ones totally misunderstanding what you just watched, so you might want to peek in the mirror when trying to see who is worth feeling sorry for.

Edited by ExcelFTW
  • Like 2

Good numbers for Man Of Steel....BTW the walmart thing, my sisters boyfriend worked at walmart and they only sold 20 of those tickets. They gave the rest for free. I got to see Superman for free

My cousins gay lover's friend said his Walmart sold out on all tickets.
  • Like 1

No fudging love for THE HANGOVER lll.Good drop by the way for STID.

:lol: I was surprised how little WB care to salvage THO3. They bumped theater counts for 42 yet letting THO3 drop like 1300+ :lol:And agree, STiD is showing good legs :wub:

:lol: I was surprised how little WB care to salvage THO3. They bumped theater counts for 42 yet letting THO3 drop like 1300+ :lol:And agree, STiD is showing good legs :wub:

42 is getting close to 100m. Ho3 is a lost cause in US.

Guys guys guys. Why are we even responding to Futurist? Don't feed the troll. I have him on ignore and I'm reading his every post cus you guys are quoting him so much. :P

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Me ?

A troll ?

Would you just please get off your self-righteous high horse ?

Thank you very much, sir.

:)

Edited by The Futurist

Many WM screenings were made Thursday afternoon (5pm, 7pm).

Actually no. Walmart screenings were done at 7 PM just like other previews starting at 9. It only had shows at that time so I see no reason why the 12M shouldn't be part of the OW as pretty much everyone has since Colorado shootings.  

You know it's true.

In case you ve missed it the first time.

Me ?

A troll ?

Would you just please get off your self-righteous high horse ?

Thank you very much, sir.

:)

• Like 1