#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

• Founder / Operator

I thought the release of MOS will make it the film we endlessly debate over like TDKR.

However it sees like MOS was just fun and nothing to debate endlessly over about. 

What a disappointment :P . 

Everyone's out enjoying a nice summer day before Father's Day. Wait until Monday... the stuff will hit the fan then. :lol:

• Like 2

I thought the release of MOS will make it the film we endlessly debate over like TDKR.

However it sees like MOS was just fun and nothing to debate endlessly over about. 

I had a blast with it ... it's not perfect, nor does it intend to be ... but the action is otherworldly IMO.

Although it wasn't a great movie, it was enjoyable. Similar to Pirates of the Carribean and Transformers. I don't think it tried to be anything else. I thought it was descent. I was a little dissapointed but my brother loved it. I gave it a 7/10 

Edited by ban1o

Nikki says Sat matinees are very strong and the same as Fri.

Sat matinees should be bigger than Friday shouldn't they? I know school is out but more people off work.

Its funny how most people just take the ending of TDKR and go with it, but then you have the minority that has to nitpick and complain about how he survived the bomb. I saw TDKR, all GA, and when "Batman" died people were crying and in disbelief, I was like "no...please noo...", and i could tell by the look of peoples faces that they didnt wanna accept it, but then when they showed him at the end eceryone cheered and applauded like we were in a baskbetball game. No one questioned it, they didnt care, but when i went online everyone was "HOWWWWWW!!!!!" "BRUCE SHOULD BE DEAD!". I was like guys just be entertained haha

• Like 2

Nikki says Sat matinees are very strong and the same as Fri.

Um Sat Matinees should be much stronger then Friday to expect a huge Sat increase as Sat night business is rarely as strong as Friday night business for big openers. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Its funny how most people just take the ending of TDKR and go with it, but then you have the minority that has to nitpick and complain about how he survived the bomb. I saw TDKR, all GA, and when "Batman" died people were crying and in disbelief, I was like "no...please noo...", and i could tell by the look of peoples faces that they didnt wanna accept it, but then when they showed him at the end eceryone cheered and applauded like we were in a baskbetball game.No one questioned it, they didnt care, but when i went online everyone was "HOWWWWWW!!!!!" "BRUCE SHOULD BE DEAD!". I was like guys just be entertained haha

True but it was marketed as the 2nd coming of Christ and Nolan was hyping it up so much. 

• Founder / Operator

Its funny how most people just take the ending of TDKR and go with it, but then you have the minority that has to nitpick and complain about how he survived the bomb. I saw TDKR, all GA, and when "Batman" died people were crying and in disbelief, I was like "no...please noo...", and i could tell by the look of peoples faces that they didnt wanna accept it, but then when they showed him at the end eceryone cheered and applauded like we were in a baskbetball game.No one questioned it, they didnt care, but when i went online everyone was "HOWWWWWW!!!!!" "BRUCE SHOULD BE DEAD!". I was like guys just be entertained haha

This.

If paying attention, the ending makes perfect sense (for a movie).

• Like 3

Sorry. Not my type, and I just don't like his acting  ^_^

No need to be sorry. He is not a good actor. I will agree.  I  do think he was ok in this movie even if he was as wooden as ever, lol. I was worried. I talked about it early on in the MOS threads. There is something so charming about him though, imo. :wub:

• Like 1

I don't think people really expect much of an increase minus midnights ... hence the 34-37 range so far from Rth.

What I meant is if a film is going to increase a lot minus midnight it needs to be well ahead during the day and match the Friday at night as well.

That is what THG, IM3 and TA did around here.

The films had day shows all day full and night time business ahead of Friday. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

You know, watching TDKR ... I really like the film ... probably an A- or B+ at worst ... but the problem especially at the beginning are these characters we have no interest in ... like Matthew Modine's character ... or the Senator ... I was slightly bored at times early on before Bane showed up in Gotham at the Stock Exchange.

I don't think people really expect much of an increase minus midnights ... hence the 34-37 range so far from Rth.

When I did my predictions I found that the average range should be somwhere between 1.1% and 15.1%. I took the average. 

Speaking of animated movies, my MOS crowd went nuts for the Despicable Me trailer.

Yeah, DM trailer got very good reactions the few last times I was in theater too.

• Like 1

This. If paying attention, the ending makes perfect sense (for a movie).

it showed how much people actually love the character. i mean my friend beside couldnt stop whiping tears off her face. i tink it was a great ending and i actually like that it caught me off guard.
  • Like 1

True but it was marketed as the 2nd coming of Christ and Nolan was hyping it up so much. 

It was a good movie that tried to do too much but still, it was a satisfying end to the Nolan trilogy. Killing him was never an option.  :)