#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Not sure if this has been posted, but they are apparently not including the 9 mill in the 45 mill Friday:

FRIDAY 1 PM, 2ND UPDATE: “We are having a big day!” a Warner Bros exec just gushed to me. “Movie’s working!” exulted another exec at the studio. No official numbers yet. But my sources say that, based on matinee trends, Man Of Steel is looking like $42.5M to $47.5M today, plus however the studio accounts for the $9M from Friday midnights and the $12M of corporate/Wal-Mart sales screenings from Thursday 7 PM shows. My sources have 3-day weekend estimates ranging from $114M to $120M with 4-day cumes ranging from $126M to $132M. ”It’s way behind Iron Man 3 but way ahead of Superman Returns,” a rival studio exec tells me. The only other movie in the marketplace in wide release, Sony/Columbia Pictures’ This Is The End which opened Wednesday is looking like $7M for Friday, $18.2M for the 3-day weekend, and $30M for the 5-day cume. Refined numbers later.
  • Like 1

I agree.. I can't help but to think that this is cheating somewhat, but whatever WB has to do to have a hit for heaven sakes..

The salty tears...they are so delicious.
  • Like 1

FRIDAY 1 PM, 2ND UPDATE: “We are having a big day!” a Warner Bros exec just gushed to me. “Movie’s working!” exulted another exec at the studio. No official numbers yet. But my sources say that, based on matinee trends, Man Of Steel (4,207 theaters with 3D in 3,357 venues) is looking like $42.5M to $47.5M today, plus however the studio accounts for the $9M from Friday midnights and the $12M of corporate/Wal-Mart sales screenings from Thursday 7 PM shows. My sources have 3-day weekend estimates ranging from $114M to $120M with 4-day cumes ranging from $126M to $132M. ”It’s way behind Iron Man 3 but way ahead of Superman Returns,” a rival studio exec tells me. (Iron Man 3 kicked off Summer 2013 with a $174.1M opening weekend which ranked 2nd all-time behind last year’s The Avengers with $207.4M) That wildly overperforms Man Of Steel‘s pre-release tracking which has ranged from Warner Bros’ lowball $80sM aimed a managing expectations to rival studio projections around $95M-$100M. The only other movie in the North American marketplace in wide release, Sony/Columbia Pictures’ This Is The End (3,055 theaters) which opened Wednesday as a counter-programming apocalyptic comedy is looking like $7M for Friday, $18.2M for the 3-day weekend, and $30M for the 5-day cume. Refined numbers later.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been posted, but they are apparently not including the 9 mill in the 45 mill Friday:

That'd be great if true, but Nikki's verbiage is way sloppier than THR's. I think (to be safe, for now) I'll stick with theirs.

edit: especially since her early weekend estimates include the midnights but not the sneaks.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Yes Tele.. I'm already declaring I was wrong, but still.. This sounds like alot of confusion for what it's worth...

Not confusing. It'll open to more than IM1 did, and almost as much as Thor and Captain America combined. :rofl: :rofl:

That'd be great if true, but Nikki's verbiage is way sloppier than THR's. I think (to be safe, for now) I'll stick with theirs.

Nikki is Nikki, she's good for a point of reference but she really has no idea what she's talking about half the time.

• Like 2