#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

I didn't think it was possible to beat Lincoln Square this weekend with the insane prices and attendance. 1 Sold out IMAX is about 13K lol

Yeah, Goyer kind of blew it in a couple of scenes that I sort of need to block out of memory. Maybe if Jonah Nolan co-wrote it with him it would have been better.

No. We need a comic book guy with REAL talent writing Superman, and I don't think Jonah is the right guy for it either. I say keep everything canon, just like they are doing with TASM, but bring the character development that this movie seems to sorely need and a Superman that cares about the human race and understands that

what he did with Zod was something that he should never do again, unless there is no other choice

Yeah, Goyer kind of blew it in a couple of scenes that I sort of need to block out of my memory. Maybe if Jonah Nolan had co-wrote it with him it would have been better.

I think if Jonah wasn't busy with Person of Interest, I would think WB should consider approaching him for the sequel.

I didn't think it was possible to beat Lincoln Square this weekend with the insane prices and attendance. 1 Sold out IMAX is about 13K lol

Arclight is not cheap though. It's not your average metroplex. Top of the line cinema in the L.A. area.

Okay, can anyone explain how this transpired. Never in a million years did a near 50M OD ever enter the conversation here. Just 3 days ago it seemed like everything was going against the movie:

- Tracking had revised drastically downward (from 125 to 90, and 130 to 87)

- Reviews came in really mixed

- "Superman Returns" being in people's memories itself should have hurt the opening day number

- It is Superman, everyone's least favorite hero (at least based on normal sentiment of Batman is better)

- Zack Snyder

- Another origin story of Superman, doesn't everyone already know it

And here we are, whatever it does the rest of the weekend, this will be an unbelievable start.

Okay, can anyone explain how this transpired. Never in a million years did a near 50M OD ever enter the conversation here. Just 3 days ago it seemed like everything was going against the movie: - Tracking had revised drastically downward (from 125 to 90, and 130 to 87)- Reviews came in really mixed- "Superman Returns" being in people's memories itself should have hurt the opening day number- It is Superman, everyone's least favorite hero (at least based on normal sentiment of Batman is better)- Zack Snyder- Another origin story of Superman, doesn't everyone already know it And here we are, whatever it does the rest of the weekend, this will be an unbelievable start.

It is still Friday. 110+ iis certain. But the rest isn't just yet.
  • Like 1

Okay, can anyone explain how this transpired.

I believe the general audience hype was always there, simply due to the amazing trailers, and the combination of Nolan and Snyder being involved.

The tracking companies I think lost their minds because they got too caught up in the mixed critic reviews, same with some posters.

Critic reviews mean little most of the time to the general audience.

• Like 1

It is still Friday. 110+ iis certain. But the rest isn't just yet.

Never said anything about the rest of the weekend, just that even hitting 50M (or close to it) on OD should just not have happened. It may fall off a cliff tomorrow and just barely pass 100M for all we know, but this start is inexplicable.