baumer

Tues #s RTH

Exactly.As a DC (and in particular a Batman fan) I find myself defending the movie.There's just no way one can explain away $1.2bn WW.

Exactly, growing up I was Batman fan but you've to respect, admire and even love what Marvel has done. They have what I want from DC universe. Hopefully, MOS is start for DCU.  :)

According to our China thread, MoS could open up to Avengers numbers.

Lower than IM3 number though.

And that would be amazing. IM3 should never have been the target for MoS. IM3 is the sequel to one of the biggest movies ever (because that's the way the public treated it), while MoS is a new treatment of an admittedly iconic property. Transformers, Iron Man...those were always better comparisons/targets for MoS...

And that would be amazing. IM3 should never have been the target for MoS. IM3 is the sequel to one of the biggest movies ever (because that's the way the public treated it), while MoS is a new treatment of an admittedly iconic property. Transformers, Iron Man...those were always better comparisons/targets for MoS...

IM3 also had an unprededented PR onslaught in China. Hollywood knows it has to court the country now.

Poll Question: Iron Man 3 Vs. Man of Steel. Which was better?

Poll Results:

Iron Man 3
16 Votes (28.57%)

Man of Steel
40 Votes (71.43%)

Posted Image

• Like 1

Poll Question: Iron Man 3 Vs. Man of Steel. Which was better?

Poll Results: Iron Man 3

16 Votes (28.57%)

Man of Steel

40 Votes (71.43%)

Posted Image

Let me guess, Comicbookmovie.com poll?  :)

Looks like the filmmakers making Superman a Christ like figure is letting the film appeal more to church goers in the American heartland.http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/world/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2013/06/19/superman-or-jesus-u-s-megachurches-fuel-box-office-success-by-sending-congregations-to-man-of-steel

Looks like the filmmakers making Superman a Christ like figure is letting the film appeal more to church goers in the American heartland.http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/world/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2013/06/19/superman-or-jesus-u-s-megachurches-fuel-box-office-success-by-sending-congregations-to-man-of-steel

I wonder if it will have the passion of the christ effect where the drops were low due to church audience

You do know that polls like that usually vote for the recent choice. Last year they did a poll who was the better villain bane or the joker and bane won. Who her believes bane was a better villain.

You?