baumer

Wednesday #s: MoS Official Est $9.01M

Just got back from an early showing of "The Lone Ranger". If I had to describe the movie in one word, it would be "Predictable". You can guess the plot right at the start and set your watch based on when major scenes will occur. Johnny Depp is basically redoing Jack Sparrow and gets really irritating sometimes.Didn't seem to be a huge crowd at the multiplex today, guess the finals did take their toll.After watching it, I really think their release date is wrong. DM2 is going to take the family audience away, and I personally liked "White House Down" a lot better than this one, so I hope it does well.

Thanks for the quick review. I've been looking forward for this for a while hopefully I'll like it better than you :). I'm going to a screening myself in Monday. Can't wait!

The crowd seemed to like it. Crowds at advance screenings are the most enthusiastic you can get. Let me put it this way "Olympus has fallen", "Now you see me", "Man of Steel" and "White House Down" got applause when the movie ended - this one didn't. Again, it is not a bad movie, it is just a very by-the-numbers movie. Not bad, not great either. Due to Depp, it will probably do well overseas. EDIT: Best comparison movie I can think for this one is "Green Hornet" - the tone of both movies is pretty much the same.

Oh no. Green Hornet was turrible
  • Like 1

Whoa...what happened to the themes? Also, my friend said that Tuesdays game was the most watched "non clinching game" ever, so yeah the game had a big effect, and im sure this one was just as watched, so prepare for a harsh Thursday. Friday should be solid though.

Jandrew, might want to change your name to "King James". ;)  :P

I don't watch NBA, but that whole Lebron thing went past Basketball. He made a ridicule of himself.

Jandrew, might want to change your name to "King James". ;)  :P

Haha nope sorry, even the Heat fans that were at my house tonight agree that he flops. The name stays until I lose a bet...which will be nevaaaaa sukkuhhss

Haha nope sorry, even the Heat fans that were at my house tonight agree that he flops. The name stays until I lose a bet...which will be nevaaaaa sukkuhhss

Well he didn't flop tonight.

LOL I didn't know that was Jandrew. Lebron was just fabulous tonight.

Haha I dont hate him. Hes one of the best, hence one reason why its fun to make fun of him, plus the bandwagons fans are a reason. Hes MVP, but you gotta call him MVF too its only fair haha. He spends alot of time going airbourne (horizontally).