baumer

Wednesday #s: MoS Official Est $9.01M

is this likely or just people reaching for something to justify the low numbers? 

Considering tonights and Tuesdays games are two of the highest rated NBA game 6 and 7's EVER, no we're not using that as an excuse.

is this likely or just people reaching for something to justify the low numbers? 

Tuesday and Thursday are definitely hurt by the games. I thought that Wednesday should have had a better drop, but like Baumer said, discount Tuesday is a big thing in Canada, and that tends to inflate Tuesday numbers, leading to a harsher-looking drop on Wed. 

So no justification here, just possible reasons for the drops. If next week, we see the same kinds of drops on weekdays, then yes, there will be no explanations then, and people can be free to start making up excuses. Or just wait till Friday number really. The jump should be big.

Low numbers are justified by the record NBA final ratings. Question is can it jump 85-90% on Friday? It needs that kind of jump to reach high 40's for the weekend.  

The game was watched by 16.8 million people yesterday, so if today was game 7 then todays audience was likely higher. It was the 4th highest rated game ever on ABC and 2nd highest game 6 ever. If you want proof, here http://www.nba.com/2013/news/06/19/abc-game-6-tv-ratings-espn/index.html. Theres also hockey and championship soccer going on. MoS was hit hard by sports, but it should have a good rebound weekend, yall don't panic.

Edited by LeFlop James

The game was watched by 16.8 million people yesterday, so if today was game 7 then todays audience was likely higher. It was the 4th highest rated game ever on ABC and 2nd highest game 6 ever. If you want proof, here http://www.nba.com/2013/news/06/19/abc-game-6-tv-ratings-espn/index.html. Theres also hockey and championship soccer going on. MoS was hit hard by sports, but it should have a good rebound weekend, yall don't panic.

WHen the final rating came in it actually increased to over 20 million, including 8.5 rating (or nearly 10+ million) in the 18-49 demo  ... so yeah, it will do 25 tonight.

Edited by agkman

Tuesday and Thursday are definitely hurt by the games. I thought that Wednesday should have had a better drop, but like Baumer said, discount Tuesday is a big thing in Canada, and that tends to inflate Tuesday numbers, leading to a harsher-looking drop on Wed. So no justification here, just possible reasons for the drops. If next week, we see the same kinds of drops on weekdays, then yes, there will be no explanations then, and people can be free to start making up excuses. Or just wait till Friday number really. The jump should be big.

Agreed. The drops on Tuesday and Thursday can be largely explained by the NBA. If next weeks drops are just slightly less harsh than no real excuses. I doubt they'll be as bad as this week though. As for Friday's jump. I think it'll be big but 45 second weekend is in real jeopardy if 7M holds. Those who didn't watch it tonight may watch it tomorrow or later in the weekend but the field just got more cluttered with MU and WWZ.

Yesterday was no game ... but today was a big hit with the game.

Well, guess hockey ... but that's no in the same universe as basketball ratings.

Hockey is so much better.  Sad that NHL does not get higher rankings.

Edited by Queen Nikki
  • Like 1

Has anyone else realized how much free promotion The Heat (the movie) is getting? The Heat (the team) is now the NBA champs and people will be googling and twitter searching for them for weeks, but results and images for the movie can pop up and people can stumble upon them and get interested or intrigued. Smart move by FOX imo for naming it that haha. Watch Lebron call Sandra Bullock in a few weeks and be like "you own me some".

Edited by LeFlop James

Yeah had been thinking 6.9-7.1  7.5 high end, see how it goes with the game and everything else

Rth said high end is 7.5, it's only 10pm on the West Coast, if business can pick up now, I think it can hit the high end.

Rth said high end is 7.5, it's only 10pm on the West Coast, if business can pick up now, I think it can hit the high end.

LOL Bars were packed tonight. I don't know if they'll make it to the movies.

• Like 1

LOL Bars were packed tonight. I don't know if they'll make it to the movies.

I was just being nice and consoling Ed  :P

I feel bad now. Ed said the number could be around 8M, I was kidding and telling him that's too high, probably 7M. Then Rth swooped in, and said that he's thinking around 7M too  :mellow:  :unsure:

I was just being nice and consoling Ed  :P

I feel bad now. Ed said the number could be around 8M, I was kidding and telling him that's too high, probably 7M. Then Rth swooped in, and said that he's thinking around 7M too  :mellow:  :unsure:

If it's 7.5m then that's not so bad considering the game and the demo it attracts. I think it will correct itself tomorrow night.

• Like 1