Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

Since we're going down this road of comparing 2013 films, best film I've seen this year so far was Side Effects

It was a pretty good movie, I give it that, but not brilliant or anything. The many twists at the end are pretty good. Rooney Mara's pretty hot in that movie, though.

Well 9 years of inflation, 3D and IMAX surcharges, a holiday weekend, and four quadrant appeal will do that for you :lol:

Well no other animated movie has done this, so YES, good accomplishment.

I dont see how my TDKR interpretation is a "twist" or a "mindfuck." I think its pretty obvious.

You're welcome to think it, I guess, but I don't see any contextual evidence in the movie itself that supports it; nor does it work in any sort of thematic or satisfactory sense.

I haven't read the script so I don't know if it was the script or editing, but the pacing was definitely choppy.

I just felt like scenes were just coming and going without really having an impact, particularly all the flashbacks to his childhood, which didn't really build any real familial connection, and then ended with the absurd

tornado scene

Edited by mvrojo
  • Like 1

So this could beat Shrek 2 opening day?On a Wednesday?Holy Fuck.

Sadly, there's a chance. I don't understand how anyone can like that movie, but whatever. I didn't like the first one at all...

DM2 doesn't deserve to beat Shrek's record... NEVER.

• Like 1