Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Yet you think Despicable Me and all of Illumination's film are quote on quote... good?

I'd say half of Pixar's films are better than Jaws - yeah I went there :P

You think the last 20 minutes of TS3, the first 15 minutes of Up, the first 30-40 minutes of WALL-E, and Jessie's sad story in TS2 are horrible? You think the end of Monsters Inc is bad? How about the climax of The Incredibles (really the entire movie), or the humor in Nemo? A Bug's Life and Cars are both fun kids movies while Ratatouille is a cleverly hidden allegory for Disney and Pixar's merger/relationship - Anton Ego's review is also the highlight of the film.

Only Cars 2 and Brave are what I'd call mediocre/bad films (and Cars 2 is entertaining for it is)

Illumination has 1 original movie so far, Pixar had 7 straight original movies between TS2 and TS3

That's all of Pixar's movies. Yikes, I might have to agree with Baumer in that they are severely overrated, and really don't make great movies. Only movies I liked from them were Toy Story 1 and Cars 1, the rest are misses with me. I couldn't even watch past 30 minutes of Up, WALL-E, and Brave, and the others were yawns for me. 

• Like 1

Their movies aren't particularly well-animated, are they? DM and The Lorax are very bland-looking, visually uninspired movies. 

Their budgets are only 1/2 of DWA movies and 1/3 of Pixar's.

I hope TFR doesn't hurt the western too much. It seemed like they were in for somewhat of a comeback after True Grit and Django hit it big.

Still, TheLoneRanger could be another 100M western.

History didn't see that very often, did it?

Pixar isnt garbage, I grew up with Pixar, but they take themselves too seriously sometimes. Madagascar 3 and Hotel Transylvania both surpsised me last year. Theyre fun, colorful, hilarious, and quirky, Pixar impliments too much melodrama.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

Yet you think Despicable Me and all of Illumination's film are quote on quote... good? I'd say half of Pixar's films are better than Jaws - yeah I went there :P You think the last 20 minutes of TS3, the first 15 minutes of Up, the first 30-40 minutes of WALL-E, and Jessie's sad story in TS2 are horrible? You think the end of Monsters Inc is bad? How about the climax of The Incredibles (really the entire movie), or the humor in Nemo? A Bug's Life and Cars are both fun kids movies while Ratatouille is a cleverly hidden allegory for Disney and Pixar's merger/relationship - Anton Ego's review is also the highlight of the film. Only Cars 2 and Brave are what I'd call mediocre/bad films (and Cars 2 is entertaining for it is) Illumination has 1 original movie so far, Pixar had 7 straight original movies between TS2 and TS3

I'm a Pixar loonie but no Pixar film has been better than Jaws. And Jaws is my 6th favorite movie

I thought it was also! :)

Eh, I thought both of the POTC movies were the worst in the billionaire's cluc. If it was the first one, I would be OK (which was an enjoyable movie for me) but the rest, meh. I also really didn't care for Alice in Wonderland.

I hope TFR doesn't hurt the western too much. It seemed like they were in for somewhat of a comeback after True Grit and Django hit it big.

Maybe westerns should be made just for the adult crowd and not kiddified anymore. I'd say go R-rated for here on out for the next decade.

There have been some impressive Westerns over the past decade...

- The Proposition (Australian Western)

- Rango (Meta-Movie Animated Western)

- The Good, The Bad, The Weird (Kimchi Western)

- No Country For Old Men (Modern Existential Western)

- History Of Violence (Modern Jungian Western)

- Serenity (Space Western)

I'd hoped Lone Ranger would the deliver the brand of bizarro fun Kim Jee-woon so effortlessly rendered through The Good, The Bad, The Weird. That flick's entertaining as hell. Ironically, while I admired the effort and many, many aspects in both of them, I didn't much care for either True Grit or Django. I recommend them both to any true cinema fan but not nearly as highly as any of the westerns or takes on the western genre I listed above.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer