luna

Most overrated directors

Martin Scorsese - yeah, I said it. I really LIKE a lot of his movies (Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Hugo, among others), but nothing from him has really "blown me away." Plus, his shtick is often quite formulaic and predictable.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed both of Whedon's directorial efforts haven't seen much ado yet and he gave the world Buffy

A show with numerous badly written and unlikeable characters and terrible plot threads that lead to lackluster conclusions,  The overblown "continuity b/w episodes/character development" that its followers preach is nothing that shows like Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5 didn't do first and better.

• Like 1

I would put Francis Ford also if it wasn't for the first two godfathers

The thing about Coppola is that he has four masterpieces and absolutely nothing else worth watching.

I don't think FFC is a bad director and I don't dislike the Godfather's but I do think they and many of his films are vastly over rated.  

Joss Whedon

Tim Burton

Jon Favreau

Guy Ritchie

Just out of curiosity, how is Favreau over rated?  Who has ever said he was a fantastic director?  

• Like 3

A show with numerous badly written and unlikeable characters and terrible plot threads that lead to lackluster conclusions,  The overblown "continuity b/w episodes/character development" that its followers preach is nothing that shows like Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5 didn't do first and better.

Is your sole purpose here to show us your dick every chance you get?  You always seem to want to make this some kind of neandrathal like contest where the only good director in the world is Nolan and everything to do with Marvel is shit.  You're like a broken record.  It's kind of funny but really sad.

• Like 2

I get the Clint Eastwood thing.  I like a lot of films but some of them are over rated imo as well.  Doesn't mean they are bad, just over rated.

Guillermo Del Toro

Peter Jackson

• Like 2