luna

Most overrated directors

I'm guessing most of the people talking about Eastwood haven't seen any of his pre-Unforgiven efforts. I highly recommend High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, and Pale Rider.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

I'm guessing most of the people talking about Eastwood haven't seen any of his pre-Unforgiven efforts. I highly recommend High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, and Pale Rider.

All good films, but imo, just a bit over rated.  

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, how is Favreau over rated?  Who has ever said he was a fantastic director?  

Iron Man is far from one of the best superhero origin stories, and don't even get me started with the amount of unjustifiable praise Elf gets, it's watchable but nowhere near a Holiday 'classic'.

Iron Man is far from one of the best superhero origin stories, and don't even get me started with the amount of unjustifiable praise Elf gets, it's watchable but nowhere near a Holiday 'classic'.

But you never hear Favreau mentioned by anyone as being a great director.  I think you must be in an alternative universe if you think he is.  That's like saying Joe Dante is over rated.  He's done some good films but no one is singing his praises as a great director.

• Like 1

Nobody calls him a good director thou.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

I think Baumer meant he's an average director who no one really overrates(because he doesn't get compliments to begin with).

• Like 1

Goodfellas was boring.

Sorry, I know we are all entitled to our own opinions but this is stunning to me.  I've never heard anyone say that before.

• Like 1

Waiting for someone to say Nolan and for the Ed freakout lol

Nolan is overrated in that he is not the Messiah like the diehard Nolanites here and elsewhere on the internet believe.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3