luna

Most overrated directors

Chris Nolan:

He films on film (though digital directors produce great work as well), sparsely uses computer generated images unless absolutely necessary, and dedicates himself to his projects entirely. As a director, he takes a stance on being genuinely inventive and outgoing with his work. 

It makes no sense to have what Nolan has and then produce complete schlock. Schlock without merit, without credential, and without standing doesn’t get you an audience. Nolan is successful because his films do have a major audience and that audience wants to see more of his work.

whatculture.com

Same, Cameron's are even worse, though there are a lot fewer of them.

Cameron has been around for about 30 years now and has about the same amount of movies as Nolan.  <_<

Edited by #Despicable ED

Not nearly as bad as Cameron haters. :stirthepot:

I'll be the first to say I enjoy his movies. All of them. I just think his chances at fucking up are slim because he doesn't make enough movies.

I'll be the first to say I enjoy his movies. All of them. I just think his chances at fucking up are slim because he doesn't make enough movies.

I'm a huge a fan of everything hes done except The Abyss and Avatar, especially Avatar hehe.

• Like 1

I'm tempted to say Guy Ritchie for his two awful Sherlock Holmes films, but I haven't seen anything else he's done.

David Fincher

Ridley Scott (although I think more people are starting to realize how flawed he is)

I'm tempted to say Guy Ritchie for his two awful Sherlock Holmes films, but I haven't seen anything else he's done.

David Fincher

Ridley Scott (although I think more people are starting to realize how flawed he is)

Ridley Scott has had some duds like Robin Hood but his next 2 films, The Counselor and Exodus will be awards contenders.

Apparently these people enjoy bleak, pseudo-clever, emotionally vacant storytelling.

This is my biggest problem with Nolan's films. I can't recall ever caring about any of the characters or situations in any of his films. I'm not sure why, but they never click with me on an emotional level.