RobinHood26

What Movie are you watching right now?

Today's movies:

The Seven Year Itch - Funny in parts, but the core concept is boring, so it’s ultimately kinda bad. It hasn’t aged well at all.Atlantis: Milo’s Return - An attempt to start an Atlantis TV series. Fails mostly because Disney never executed well on the great concept Atlantis promised.Serious Moonlight - Never really gets dark enough to be a truly black comedy, so it’s just sorta a funny-ish movie about mostly terrible people.Rent - The fact they managed to get just about all the original musical cast back means the music itself is good, but doesn’t save it from Chris Columbus’ lackluster direction. 

• Like 1

My weekend has been all about international classics:Jean-Luc Godard's À Bout de Souffle (Breathless), 1960Ingmar Bergman's Det sjunde inseglet (The Seventh Seal), 1957Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon, 1950Fritz Lang's M, 1931 

Edited by mcclaine

Might watch elizabethtown tonight if there's nothing on TVFilms I watched last weekendEscape from planet earth (A nearly A+)What Maisie knew (A-)TITANIC (3rd best film of all time) (re-watch) (A++++++++++++)Pitch-Perfect (A)The heat (A)All great films

Last night & today:

Rise of the Guardians - Fun concept, terrible title. Also, it’s sad how much better Frozen does the snow and ice effects.The Croods - Weaker story-wise than Sanders’ previous efforts, but it’s still fun enough. And the fantastic camerawork and environments are great to behold.The Hunter - Good, but it would have been nice to delve more into the human dynamics around supposedly extinct animals.Glengarry Glen Ross - Great dialogue, but the direction isn’t especially inspired.

Saved - A combination of Mean Girls and Juno for the Christian set. It’s got an iffy ending, but is otherwise quite solid.Mission: Impossible II - Better than I remembered. Despite a really weak third act that comprises little more than action set pieces, the film is still pretty enjoyable.

Some of my Top 10  of All time and suggestions for my BO family  :).

1. Titanic (Words cant describe why this film is the unbeaten one run king in splendor and glory)

2. Juggernaut 2009..It changed the industry yet again and  showed one man can make a difference

and  defy todays Box office  trends :).

3. Aliens

4.. Forrest Gump.. Life is like a box of chocolates...." You never know what your going to get!"

5.. Wonder woman 2009!! Talk about putting mountains of quality in small budgeted now legendary

animated film..>See this and you know Wonder Woman can be done right :)

6.  One who flew over the cuckoos nest--Jack Nicolson at his best...Need I say more-Sad film though ;)

7. TLK....Magical, Majestic....It represents the bench mark in family flicks and is pretty much the best Disney

has ever made.

8.Jurassic Park. :)

• Like 4

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - The toon elements are hit or miss nowadays, but the noir story is surprisingly strong with a rather intricate plot focused on real estate, of all things.Explorers - The first two acts are a great testament to the wonder of the space age, and the way kids were in that period. The effect rushed production had on the third act is noticeable, though. Jerry Goldsmith’s score is fantastic.

The Island - Never lets itself actually delve into the philosophical issues it presents, yet still manages to be excessively bloated. Still, it's quite entertaining, and probably stands as one of Bay's stronger films. It's notable that it has the excessively shaky and confusing action style that he seemed to finally move away from in Transformers 2.