RobinHood26

What Movie are you watching right now?

Movies for last night and today.

The Rocketeer - Bloody fantastic. Perhaps the best comic book adaptation ever made.The Fox and the Hound 2 - Strange decision to make the sequel a musical, but the songs are pretty good. However, the new characters are more compelling than the holdovers.In & Out - An odd feeling of being both backwards and progressive at the same time, but the performances are quite standout.Hulk Vs. - Meh. Kinda boring. Marvel’s animated efforts pale in comparison to DC’s.

I just watched Frozen .I was completely surprised with this film , there was all this hype , so much hype in fact that I was worried that I would be disappointed by  it. To my surprise it lived up to all the anticipation created.

The trailer gave nothing away and that was the best part, I was completely surprised by the whole story and film . I didnt know that it was about the snow queen lol as I had been living in a hole for the last 5months.

But definitely one of my best of the year!

• Like 3

Just watched The Happening. Wanted to see if it really was that bad. It was worse.

Transformers 2 at least had loudness and camerawork to blame the headache on. Happening has no excuse.

The acting was the 2nd worst ever, narrowly missing The Room.

Today's movies:

Joseph: King of Dreams - Lacks the grandeur of The Prince of Egypt, and the fun of Andrew Lloyd Weber’s Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Still, it’s a pretty solid direct-to-video animation.The Man Who Cried - Rather well shot, but the story is directionless. It has no idea which characters to focus on, leaving it all a confused muddle.The Golden Child - The martial arts and fantasy elements haven’t aged well, but Murphy is still in his good 80s comedy zone, which makes it work pretty well.

Also this topic is rather scattered and seems to be a cry for some conversation...How can one sit on the computer and type about a film they are watching but still try to rate it. Movie must be pretty crappy if you have time to type during it

Some people can multitask.  :P

• Like 1

I don't tend to post or tweet or anything when I'm watching. Hence the movies I list are done after the fact.Granted, I do watch while I work, so it sometimes gets relegated to background noise. But I won't get through the Netflix queue otherwise.

Today's movies:

Spitfire - The first time I believe I’ve seen an Albert Pyun film. Despite an energetic effort by Kristie Phillips, it’s terrible. But at least it’s mostly an enjoyable terrible.Super - An uneven balance between awkward, funny, and grotesque. It really only shines when Ellen Page is on screen.