kitik

Weekend est pg 22 - 2 Guns 27.4, Wolv 21.7, Smurfs 18.2

Late to the party but 59% drop is pretty good for Wolvie. Hopefully, it can manage to hold on with the onslaught of 4 new releases next week.Quite disappointing OW for 2 Guns, but I managed, the movie wasn't great, but I had fun and enjoyed it, so rooting for it to do well.

Late to the party but 59% drop is pretty good for Wolvie. Hopefully, it can manage to hold on with the onslaught of 4 new releases next week.Quite disappointing OW for 2 Guns, but I managed, the movie wasn't great, but I had fun and enjoyed it, so rooting for it to do well.

Being great or bad has nothing to do with an opening weekend.

Also the opening weekend for 2 Guns isn't disappointing for the studio because they were only expecting the opening weekend to be in the mid 20's anyway.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Being great or bad has nothing to do with an opening weekend.Also the opening weekend for 2 Guns isn't disappointing for the studio because they were only expecting the opening weekend to be in the mid 20's anyway.

I didn't say it has. Maybe I should have separate the sentences better. All I meant to say was that even though the movie wasn't great and it did disappoint me a bit quality-wise; I still had lots of fun watching it; so I'll root for it to do well.Yeah, didn't say the OW was disappointing for what it is; I think it's just subjective for me.

Because it's scary as hell. What's so difficult to understand?

It's not really scary but it is such a well made suspenseful/mystery thriller.  I wasn't scared much but I was on the edge of my seat throughout.

• Like 1

It's not really scary but it is such a well made suspenseful/mystery thriller. I wasn't scared much but I was on the edge of my seat throughout.

E, I miss you. How you doing?
  • Like 1

I didn't say it has. Maybe I should have separate the sentences better. All I meant to say was that even though the movie wasn't great and it did disappoint me a bit quality-wise; I still had lots of fun watching it; so I'll root for it to do well.Yeah, didn't say the OW was disappointing for what it is; I think it's just subjective for me.

Okay!

Looks like there was at least some over-estimating yesterday.

This morning's revised estimate for The Conjuring is $13.035 m.

Weekend actual for Blue Jasmine at $1.859 m.

Football must have hurt some of the holdovers. Still, I think Conjuring held well.

Just came back from Vegas. Trying to work my back into the groove. :D

Did you win? :D I'm jealous, I wanna go somewhere far away from home for a break.And you don't have to work your way back, you always got it ;):)
  • Like 1

Did you win? :D I'm jealous, I wanna go somewhere far away from home for a break.And you don't have to work your way back, you always got it ;):)

LOL no. But I enjoyed my stay with shopping and just chilling at the pool and listening to no name bands in the hotel lounges.

Very nice trip. 

And thanks but the worst part is always going back to work.

• Like 1

PR is a straight forward monster mash movie and it does just that. NYSM is trying to be some kind of a PRESTIGE/OCEAN'S 11 hybrid but ending up not as clever as it thinks. NYSM is pretty entertaining but it is not as fun as OCEANS movies, and not as well constructed as THE PRESTIGE.

Having not seen the Prestige or any of the Ocean's remakes, I can't agree or disagree with your analogy.  I can only say that in its own right, NYSM is very clever and has plenty of bits for folks to chew on if they care to do so, but still provides bang for the buck it they choose not to.  That's nifty movie-making.

• Like 1