A Marvel Fanboy

Wednesday BO: Millers (6.78 act), Percy (5.45), Wolverine (1.975)

So yesterday Smurfs passed Wolverine and today Smurfs passed 2 Guns too? That ain't cool.

Smurfs is a kids movie though. Its young audience doesn't know any better (just look at Growns Up 2).

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

• Founder / Operator

I think when most kids grow up they’ll release how crappy the Smurfs movies really were.

That's why they don't make Smurfs movies for grown adults--they make them for kids. ;)

• Founder / Operator

ShawnMR... the number 1 Smurfs fan??? :PAnyway...post on my what went wrong Smurfs 2 thread Shawn if you haven't already, please!!! :)

Oh, I couldn't make it 10 minutes through the first movie. :lol:

• Like 1

Wow...that is a good number for this cheap movie!

Yep, that's a huge number of theaters for a movie that was supposed to be stright to DVD.

Not only that, but I've seen some of the Planes toys selling relatively well already in stores. I saw the toys on an endcap, then a I saw mostly empty pegs the next week, and then I saw a bunch of new cases put out last week. So Disney is making their money from Planes already.

Yep, that's a huge number of theaters for a movie that was supposed to be stright to DVD.

Not only that, but I've seen some of the Planes toys selling relatively well already in stores. I saw the toys on an endcap, then a I saw mostly empty pegs the next week, and then I saw a bunch of new cases put out last week. So Disney is making their money from Planes already.

It was actually Straight to TV release, not DVD. At least from what I know.