A Marvel Fanboy

Dredd (September 21, 2012)

Truly a depressing OW number.I saw this today, and if I didn't follow boxoffice reports I'd have guessed from the crowd at my showing this would open to 25+ mil. 300 seat theater had close to 280 people for the 2:45 show, latecomers were getting stuck sitting in the front rows.I almost didn't see this, but, in a rare turn of events the reviews and crowd reports changed my mind. 95% of the time if I've decided to see a movie or pass on it the reviews have little effect on my decision. I suppose I still had bad memories of that god awful Stalone version, but this was absolutely nothing like that. I loved it, first really enjoyable movie I've seen in months, and the crowd I was in seemed equally entertained.This movie deserved a fate far better than it received.

• Like 2

From anyone who watched -- was there great actions sequences in it? I thought the trailers were TERRIBLE. All they showed was people shooting guns and a few slow motion jumps.

You won't be disappointed about the action sequences. :). And yes the trailer didn't do justice to the movie at all. It's a shame because this movie deserved a lot better marketing effort IMO.

I hope this can somehow climb to a 3 or 4 multiplier. Hate to see a great movie (based on reviews) do this poorly. If only Looper wasn't opening the following week (meaning I probably won't see Dredd unless I see it late in its run).

Truly depressing... :(You should try and catch it if you can whilst it's still around. Which probably won't be long.

2012: #6 Dredd $6,300,000 opening weekend

1995: #5 Judge Dredd $12,291,536 opening weekend

2012 adjusted: #1 Judge Dredd $22,661,600 opening weekend

:lol:

2012: #11 Dredd $2,280,000 second weekend -63.7%

1995: #5 Judge Dredd $5,231,508 second weekend -57.4%

2012 adjusted: #3 Judge Dredd $9,645,200 second weekend

• Like 1

No, because the finnish distributors havent announced a release date yet. Those sons-of-bitches will probably give it aK-18 rating anyway, so I cant see it

Even less money it will be getting. It'll probably only be around for a week or two, if it gets a release at all.