Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

24 crore Sunday for Singham.Watched it yesterday. After watching the movie, 'aata majhi satakli'.3/10

My biggest issue with the movie is the completely nonsensical ending. It is like Rohit Shetty realized "Oh wait, I need the villains to be brought to justice and the movie is almost over" and just put whatever came to his mind as the ending.

The scenes with Daya are pretty good, and the CID references are awesome. The romance track could be cut and nothing of value would be lost. 

The very last scene seems like a good idea and concept until you remember that 

Khakee

did it better way back in 2004.

Expendables 3 will do over 1 million in india tats sure shot....thanks to stallone whos hugeee here many fans here in India 

offcourse credit goes to arnold as well but many recognise this as Stallone movie 

Back in 80s 90s im wondering hw stallones and arnolds movies performed here in India  :P

My dad used to tell me Rambo movies used to have a 50 days run in bangalore....very popular here 

Bang Bang is shaping up to be huge. Buzz is growing day by day. The songs have really helped.

Id it were not for Haider opening on the same day, I'd have said 250 crore. Still I think it should do 200 Cr+.

I hope it can beat Kick. I really can't stand that POS winning the year.

Since india just had a interstellar day, the film gonna explode in November.

Great day for India's space programme and a proud monent for the entire country . Even more impressive when you consider the fact that the mission cost only $75m (less than half of a hollywood blockbuster!) .

And yes I do think it will help Interstellar. $10m should happen.

• Like 1

Predictions for Bang Bang:

Thurs 30

Fri 20

Sat 25

Sun 30

Mon 17

Tue 11

Wed 9

Thurs 8

Week1 150

Fri 8

Sat 10

Sun 12

Mon-Thurs 15

Week2 45

Week3 20

Rest 10

Total 225 ($60m)

If it was a solo release, I could have seen those numbers thanks to screen saturation, but with Haider looking to be a mid-range hit as well, I think a 150-200Cr final total will have to do.

I actually think Happy New Year will end up as the top grossing movie of the year, it is getting a solo huge screen count release on Diwali over what is effectively a long holiday week.

If it was a solo release, I could have seen those numbers thanks to screen saturation, but with Haider looking to be a mid-range hit as well, I think a 150-200Cr final total will have to do.

I actually think Happy New Year will end up as the top grossing movie of the year, it is getting a solo huge screen count release on Diwali over what is effectively a long holiday week.

I was thinking that too some time back, but now Haider is looking to flop. Music hasn't been received well and the promos haven't been able to generate interest among GA either.

Bang Bang is getting most if the single theaters, and should get the lion's share in multiplexes as well. Haider will be lucky to reach even 50 crore.

HNY looks like a shitty movie and will probably turn out to be even shittier. After a big opening, I expect it to drop heavily and out of most theaters after week three. 200 Cr is possible, but won't get much more.

Another contender for the crown could pe PK. It is one of those film which are very difficult to predict. It could do 250 crore, it could fail to make 100 crore. A lot will depend on the content and the reception. If Kick or HNY are holding the crown going into December than I hope PK gets it.

Pretty interesting 3 months ahead.

Edited by Fake

I was thinking that too some time back, but now Haider is looking to flop. Music hasn't been received well and the promos haven't been able to generate interest among GA either.

Bang Bang is getting most if the single theaters, and should get the lion's share in multiplexes as well. Haider will be lucky to reach even 50 crore.

HNY looks like a shitty movie and will probably turn out to be even shittier. After a big opening, I expect it to drop heavily and out of most theaters after week three. 200 Cr is possible, but won't get much more.

Another contender for the crown could pe PK. It is one of those film which are very difficult to predict. It could do 250 crore, it could fail to make 100 crore. A lot will depend on the content and the reception. If Kick or HNY are holding the crown going into December than I hope PK gets it.

Pretty interesting 3 months ahead.

I actually think HNY will do much better than Kick did. Kick had Singham Returns 2 weeks later, HNY literally has no competition till PK. Bang Bang will do well in the North circuits for sure, it is down South that it will face local competition, big Kannada, Tamil and Telugu movies are releasing on 2 October as well.

Thats more than I expected for Haider.

Yeah. My expectations were around 7-8 crore, but the premium multiplexes have started really well and it might have benefited from Bang Bang sellouts. However afternoon shows are not so hot, so depending on the evening, it could go down to that range. Edited by Fake