Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

because Avatar 2 is not that good movie(don’t confuse me I’ m not saying this one is trush but is not that good. like Titanic and aliens)

But I believe JC will doing great on Avatar 3,he will show us another Terminator 2

He will do it again like he always do

Yeeaaa I don't see it. I'll say 500CR on price inflation with a drop in admissions. 

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Also for all the hype of increased ticket prices, prices are par other Hollywood tentpoles. May be some cinema has surcharge of ₹10/20 over Dr Strange, but it's largely same.

The ticket price increase that is helping gross is basically in South India. back in 2019, ticket prices in Telangana state were regulated at ₹125 in Hyderabad city, now that limit has been increased to ₹300, that's why you have APTS doing such numbers for films nowadays.

Endgame did ₹29cr NETT in AP/Nizam, that's equivalent of ~₹60-65cr today. Similarly TN and Kerala have around 50% increases. 

North India price increase is around 10-15% may be.

Here even NWH didn't have huge prices as A2 for IMAX. DS2 and WF were at most ~2-3x for OW 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

because Avatar 2 is not that good movie(don’t confuse me I’ m not saying this one is trush but is not that good. like Titanic and aliens)

But I believe JC will doing great on Avatar 3,he will show us another Terminator 2

He will do it again like he always do

I think you are missing an important point. A2 has great rating in India and it's playing very well so for A3 to increase almost by ~300 crores seems a bit too much. For that too happen avatar will have to penetrate deeper in tier 2 & 3 cities which doesn't seem likely 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I think you are missing an important point. A2 has great rating in India and it's playing very well so for A3 to increase almost by ~300 crores seems a bit too much. For that too happen avatar will have to penetrate deeper in tier 2 & 3 cities which doesn't seem likely 

A2 is at 93% in paytm , 9/10 in BMS indicates average wom.In recent times all good hit films in paytm are above 95% , average 90 to 95% , similarly in BMS since they changed to numericals from percentage, hit films are above 9.5. With average wom from A2 , there is definitely going to be drop in A3 or atleast not much jump unless it's gonna be better wom than A2.

29 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

A2 is at 93% in paytm , 9/10 in BMS indicates average wom.In recent times all good hit films in paytm are above 95% , average 90 to 95% , similarly in BMS since they changed to numericals from percentage, hit films are above 9.5. With average wom from A2 , there is definitely going to be drop in A3 or atleast not much jump unless it's gonna be better wom than A2.

Drishyam 2 is around 8.9 or 9 and it did well at BO. I think 9/10 is hardly average wom anywhere. It might not be that great but it's solid enough.

10 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

One thing about India that everyone should understand if you're tracking its box office.

Take these Paytm, BMS etc and throw them to trash, Just like what Tom Cruise did to Manuel book in Top Gun Maverick.

• Like 1

Rewatching old and retro Bollywood movies on the different OTT platforms like Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot etc. since I only have another week here before getting back to the States.

Watched Gupt today and it really holds up. The script is really well done and it definitely helps that all the main actors went on to long careers. The best part is definitely the supporting cast who are all really good actors and bring a lot more to the roles than is there on the page.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Rewatching old and retro Bollywood movies on the different OTT platforms like Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot etc. since I only have another week here before getting back to the States.

Watched Gupt today and it really holds up. The script is really well done and it definitely helps that all the main actors went on to long careers. The best part is definitely the supporting cast who are all really good actors and bring a lot more to the roles than is there on the page.

Did you watch an action hero?

6 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I wonder film like war would do well in today's Market?

I have a hard time seeing Pathaan do WAR business in India. WW it will easily be SRK biggest. In India anywhere between 200-280 but a lot will depend on wom and public hunger to see action movie with srk as lead.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Thanks 1