Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The weekdays number seem solid but I still hesitant to believe strong leg will take shape in India. I don't know if holiday will help A2 here, but last year NWH didn't receive much help although that movie seem click better with India cheering culture as compared to A2.

Yes. Generally movies which open big have limited legs

43 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The weekdays number seem solid but I still hesitant to believe strong leg will take shape in India. I don't know if holiday will help A2 here, but last year NWH didn't receive much help although that movie seem click better with India cheering culture as compared to A2.

No Way Home was fan driven movie, plus most audience for it was regular Hollywood watchers. 

Avatar is a movie for casual audience, and has potential to attract even those people who don't normally watch Hollywood movies and families.

Plus don't worry about cheer culture, People were cheering for Avatar back when i watched it in September at various points of time.

Also just so you know, The Jungle Book ran for 22 weeks in India, although collections after 9 weeks were miniscule, it kept collecting over 1 crs for 9 weeks.

The Jungle Book Weekend was 40 and Lifetime was 188, that's a 4.7x multiplier.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

No Way Home was fan driven movie, plus most audience for it was regular Hollywood watchers. 

Avatar is a movie for casual audience, and has potential to attract even those people who don't normally watch Hollywood movies and families.

Plus don't worry about cheer culture, People were cheering for Avatar back when i watched it in September at various points of time.

Spidey has always been huge in India. It's not just fan driven. It's 4 quadrant. Families also watch it. 

38 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Also just so you know, The Jungle Book ran for 22 weeks in India, although collections after 9 weeks were miniscule, it kept collecting over 1 crs for 9 weeks.

Jungle Book was special for various reasons. Especially the song and nostalgia. It hits differently.

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

CameronBall has started in India it seems.

Now when will USA wake up smh.

first positive sign today

he could still pull it off

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

On 12/21/2022 at 1:35 AM, THUNDER BIRD said:

But India BO is so "unstable", sometime you see a film holding good during mid-week but they just collapse by 2nd Friday. I would say India is one of the fastest-burn BO market. 

Is there a big local blockbuster on their way this year end holiday season? I only know Pathan is on their way for late-Jan release but Bollywood film has been weak since reopening.  

On 12/20/2022 at 11:09 PM, THUNDER BIRD said:

Jungle Book cartoon was huge there and Disney literally got the voice actors who dubbed for the cartoon there in the 90s for the movie.

Edited by Saul Goodman

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

But India BO is so "unstable", sometime you see a film holding good during mid-week but they just collapse by 2nd Friday. I would say India is one of the fastest-burn BO market

That's because we aren't a weekend market yet. Our weekdays hold much better than anywhere in the world.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

10 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

But India BO is so "unstable", sometime you see a film holding good during mid-week but they just collapse by 2nd Friday. I would say India is one of the fastest-burn BO market. 

Is there a big local blockbuster on their way this year end holiday season? I only know Pathan is on their way for late-Jan release but Bollywood film has been weak since reopening.  

There's Rohit Shetty's cirkus movie opening on 23rd but don't know how the reception goes. Generally Rohit Shetty movies do pretty well

9 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Jungle Book cartoon was huge there and Disney literally got the voice actors who dubbed for the cartoon there in the 90s for the movie.

Yes to all those points and they also added the very famous 

"Jungle Jungle Baat Chali Hai
Pata chala Hai, Arre Chaddi Pehen Ke Phool Khila Hai, Phool Khila Hai" song.. It was very nostalgic. 

• Like 1