grim22

Thursday Numbers: KA2 1.3M, Jobs 425K

But without the big blockbusters there would be less money to invest in smaller projects for actors to use as passion projects.

Movies like Avengers and The Hobbit allow movies like Jobs to get funded and widely distributed.

So maybe box office isn't so stupid.

A lot of people don't look at it that way. All I'm saying is "box office is stupid" is not a my-god-how-silly-and-how-terrible thing to say. In the end, it's just money. I guarantee there are many, many, many major actors who couldn't care less about box office numbers. 

But without the big blockbusters there would be less money to invest in smaller projects for actors to use as passion projects.

Movies like Avengers and The Hobbit allow movies like Jobs to get funded and widely distributed.

So maybe box office isn't so stupid.

Since a lot of the time smaller projects are financed by non-studio elements, I don't think there's a direct link. I agree with Kutcher -- I don't think it's a good angle from the creative side of things.

• Like 1

Since a lot of the time smaller projects are financed by non-studio elements, I don't think there's a direct link. I agree with Kutcher -- I don't think it's a good angle from the creative side of things.

Many smaller projects are financed with the hopes a major studio will buy out the rights and widely distrubute the film.So I still say the blockbuster create a pot of money that drives the indie scene.Look at sundance. A movie is considered a hit if it starts a bidding war between the major studios.and without the big movies there's no way Jobs would get wide distribution. It's the blockbusters that paved the way for a global distribution system of the current size and reach.

Many smaller projects are financed with the hopes a major studio will buy out the rights and widely distrubute the film.So I still say the blockbuster create a pot of money that drives the indie scene.Look at sundance. A movie is considered a hit if it starts a bidding war between the major studios.and without the big movies there's no way Jobs would get wide distribution. It's the blockbusters that paved the way for a global distribution system of the current size and reach.

Which, to some degree, is fine to focus on if you're a financier or producer or executive. It's the wrong thing to focus on in terms of creative endeavors.

• Like 1