grim22

Thursday Numbers: KA2 1.3M, Jobs 425K

Is that good? Did KA have a Thursday midnight opening?

Apparently it had 8pm and 9pm shows.This is similar to what it did Elysium last week (1.6M). Elysium then had a $14.1M opening day.Even both genres tend to be frontloaded, i guess Kick Ass 2 would be more than Elysium. Original  Kick Ass made 41% of their OW in the OD, so with the sequel it would be a bigger % i'm sure. 

Apparently it had 8pm and 9pm shows.This is similar to what it did Elysium last week (1.6M). Elysium then had a $14.1M opening day.Even both genres tend to be frontloaded, i guess Kick Ass 2 would be more than Elysium. Original  Kick Ass made 41% of their OW in the OD, so with the sequel it would be a bigger % i'm sure.

14,1 OD for Elysium???

I'm not sure what people where expecting for KA2 but the first movie only opened to 19m and made a grand total of 96m worldwide.

It was always gonna be a small movie. 1.3m is a good start.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what people where expecting for KA2 but the first movie only opened to 19m and made a grand total of 96m worldwide.

Yep, 1.3 is good for KA2.

If it can open bigger than KA and hit 20M, I'd call it a success. The budget for KA2 is only 28M after all.

• Like 1

I wouldn't quite call $96m a "small movie".

Ok for Kick-Ass 2, Jobs too.

Ashton Kutcher says "Box office is stupid, I don't know why people care about it".

You wouldn't be in movies if people didn't pay to go and see them. So shhh.