The Hunt (2012)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Extremely unnerving and disturbing but eventually brilliant movie, which is basically about social prejudice and paranoia and an extremely touchy subject.

Mads Mikkelsen is a one man army and carries the movie and his performance is just exceptional.

The rest of the cast give flawless performances especially the young girl who plays 'Klara' who is shockingly good.

A

• Like 1

Mads was awesome and I hated pretty much everyone in this film except Lucas. 4/5

this comment shows what is wrong with this movie.

often good but generally conventional tale of false accusation, leading questions and the public jury. weird ending, only makes sense as a dream. moral of the story: don't listen to children, male bonding will help you survive. a lot of people like to compare this director to lars von trier, which isn't good on vinterberg. he has nary a drop of von trier's sense of hypocrisy, and the predictable manipulations are much more ideologically questionable:

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-37991.html

I realize that mob mentality can be absolutely terrifying and destructive, but this movie was like watching a lamb suffer for two hours. Some scenes are genuinely powerful (when he comes to the church), others are face-palmingly melodramatic (is there an easier way to make viewers angry than to have a dog hurt/killed?). I also think Vinterberg could have skillfully worked in some ambiguity so that we aren't sure until a certain point whether Lucas really molested the girl or not, but I guess that's not the movie he wanted to make. The ending felt forced, too.

On 6 de fevereiro de 2014 at 6:04 PM, Michael Gary Scott said:

Mads was awesome and I hated pretty much everyone in this film except Lucas. 4/5

I didn't hate any of them. How would you feel, how would you react had your kid been sexually abused? If anything, the parents were very restrained, what happened in the last scene would have happened much earlier in the real world. I could even understand Klara (great performance btw).

Edited by Goffe

On 27 de novembro de 2014 at 8:37 AM, CoolioD1 said:

I liked the performances, but I think I agree with the point in lisa's post.  child victims of abuse have a hard enough time being heard and this movie ain't gonna do them any favours.

One of the things the film is trying to say is: listen to what they saying, listen closely, don't conveniently ignore some parts. 

Besides, it is acknowledged that most of the time they are telling the truth.