Fake

Weekend Estimates (Muppets $29.5M)

EW thinks BD has a shot at $300 mio because it`s ahead of Eclipse. Take a look:

That gives the vampire drama a ten-day total of $221.3 million, ahead of the $214.3 million Eclipse had earned at the same point in its run...The Twilight franchise remains a box office juggernaut. Breaking Dawn‘s $10,330 per theater average was the highest in the Top 10, and when all is said and done, it should finish its run in the $300 million range.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/11/27/box-office-report-twilight-breaking-dawn-the-muppets/So why still under $300 mio predix here?

Eclipse opened on a wednesday so direct comparison is a bit misleading but I think it still has an outside shot at 300 million (about 1 in 10) provided it starts outperforming New Moon in dailies. New Moon went head to head against movies like Avatar and The Blind Side so that may very well have prevented it from getting to 300 million.

EW thinks BD has a shot at $300 mio because it`s ahead of Eclipse. Take a look:http://insidemovies....wn-the-muppets/So why still under $300 mio predix here?

I think the problem with comparing BD1 and Eclipse numbers is that Eclipse opened on a Wednesday. Therefore by comparing the first 8 days of of BD1... you would factor in 2 full weekends of box office dollars while Eclipse would have only benefited from 1 full weekend of box office sales. With that said, there seems to be less competition next month than there was for NM... so you never know. BD1 might benefit because of it and pull ahead. It should make 290 million or so I'm thinking. Maybe a little less or maybe a little more. On the off chance it could surprise and hit 300 million. Edited by Trixie99