rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

Have not done a big post in a while so here goes

Always exciting when a new season begins. Looking forward to the Ancient Magnus Bride - seems to be the most promising of the newcomers. Definitely a ton of high profile sequels returning. Looking forward to Food Wars and Gintama, comedy arcs are back! Land of the Lustrous might be the dark horse to lookout for. Also look out for White Fox anime "Girls Last Tour" (they always do quality work).

In terms of last season my top 5 were

1. Made in Abyss

2. Welcome to the Ballroom

3. Tsuredure Children

4. Princess Principal

5. Knights and Magic

In terms of holdovers from spring My Hero Academia, Sukara Quest and Recreators all turned out very enjoyable. Have not finished Bahamut - the first season was one of my favorite fantasy anime and to hear this one falls short is disappointing.

Overall for the year so far my top 10 goes to

1. Made in Abyss

2. WorldEnd

3. Tsuki ga Kirei

4. Maid Dragon

5. Youjo Senki

6. Sukara Quest

7. Re-Creators

8. Welcome to the Ballroom

9. Prince Principal

10. Little Witch Academia

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Finally saw the first episode of Black Clover and I really lked it, that's really the kind of anime I love most : magic, fantasy, not necessarily innovative but efficient.

What about Asta's voice. Everyone reaction was universal finding it extremely annoying. He was always yelling, especially at end of his sentences he would elongate the last word and roll letters (like he was talking into a high speed fan). Outside of that it was fairly well done but definitely cliche as far as shounen tropes go.

11 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

What about Asta's voice. Everyone reaction was universal finding it extremely annoying. He was always yelling, especially at end of his sentences he would elongate the last word and roll letters (like he was talking into a high speed fan). Outside of that it was fairly well done but definitely cliche as far as shounen tropes go.

Asta's voice was unbearable but it's on purpose, they want his voice to evolve over the time to show his growing maturity.

uq-holder-kv.jpg

UQ Holder positively surprised me, not only do I like the opening but I also didnt expect such violence and blood in the second part of the 1st episode given it was pretty nice and colored. I'm interested in the following episodes now, I'm pumped up ^^

23 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Season kicks into gear tonight with about four shows which could be exciting

I started a few of them : Yuuki Yuuna wa yuusha de aru, Girl's Last Tour, Recovery of an MMO Journey and Kino's journey.

I select the ones I watch by watching the average rating on myanimelist, I avoid anything under 7/10 given there are so many shows..

ece72d0892782c253b4f208ea8427d8c14734882

The very talked about Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus' Bride) is finally available, let's see if it's really that good :)

I also started Made in Abyss yesterday and saw the second episode today : that's so charming and beautiful, I'm defintely a fan :D

• Like 1

Just watched the Magnus Bride. Definitely just creamed the competition of everything that has aired this season thus far. Probably one of the best first episodes of the year and the production values must be through the roof, art + animation was flawless. I have watched the three ova episodes but i didn't think 24 episode show would be up to the same standard.

tumblr_onedgyjWqz1uzwbyjo2_540.gif

tumblr_onedgyjWqz1uzwbyjo5_540.gif

• Thanks 1

My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan season 2 are the only anime I've watched this year, unless you also count the English dub of Stardust Crusaders

Next year looks better with Persona 5: The Animation (Joker better bang his teacher or I riot), Attack on Titan season 3, and hopefully an adaptation of Vento Aureo.

11 hours ago, Robertman2 Floats Too said:

My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan season 2 are the only anime I've watched this year, unless you also count the English dub of Stardust Crusaders

Next year looks better with Persona 5: The Animation (Joker better bang his teacher or I riot), Attack on Titan season 3, and hopefully an adaptation of Vento Aureo.

What are you saying about next year looking better, nothing can beat this year for Eromanga Sensei alone! 

;)

Finished Grimgar of fantasy and ash and Snow White with the red hair. Slow start with Grimgar but man does it really pick up later on. I really hope we get a 2nd season. And Snow White is just so... so fucking sweet. Loved it all the way through.

Currently watching: Gate, Monster and Seven Deadly Sins.

Pretty good schedule I'm having right now.

• Like 2

Seasonal first impressions - I checked out a huge amount and these are ones worth mentioning. Most of these are definitely on the slower side without much action. Shounen fans going to starved this season. Top two definitely outclass the rest but 3 to 7 had solid debuts with potential. The rest depend on your tastes but were enjoyable. I decided to put Clover at 10 simply due to lack of action on the list.

1. Ancient Magnus Bride

2. Children of Whales

3. Girls Last Tour

4. Kinos Journey

5. Land of the Lustrous

6. Garo Vanishing Line

7. Zodiac War

8. Konohana Kitan

9. Just Because

10. Black Clover

There are still maybe 3-4 shows yet to debut. I think only one of those might be good though.

Edited by eXtacy2
  • Like 1