rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

16 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Made in Abyss is so far above everything else this year. Also Ancient Magnus Bride seems like a safe bet (still airing)

Thanks again, watched 4 episodes last night. It's really great, exactly what I was looking for.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

So I just finished Made in Abyss, it's incredible.

However it's an incomplete story and looks like a second season is years away.

Second season has already been announced. They just need a little more source material to be completed so probably an early 2019 release. 

• Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 4:54 AM, eXtacy said:

Second season has already been announced. They just need a little more source material to be completed so probably an early 2019 release. 

Mahoutsukai no Yome, only just started but I ain't feeling this. it's a little bit ridiculous. Going to power on to episode 5 then decide if it's dropped.

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Mahoutsukai no Yome, only just started but I ain't feeling this. it's a little bit ridiculous. Going to power on to episode 5 then decide if it's dropped.

I think its targeted more towards a woman audience.

The top rated non-sequels are this year, according to MyAnimeList.net

Made in Abyss - 8.92

Ancient Magnus Bride - 8.57 (still airing)

Tsuki ga Kirei - 8.36

Welcome to the Ballroom - 8.35

Maid Dragon - 8.20

Little Witch Academia - 8.17

Youjo Senki - 8.15

Land of the Lustrous - 8.05 (still airing)

Youjo Senki is the most macho thing of the lot so maybe try that (the main character is a legit evil antagonist!). Maid Dragon is also a fun comedy worth looking at. Tsuki ga Kerei is a high school romance. Welcome to Ballroom is about competitive dancing. Land of the Lustrous is an odd one to classify - its about these people entirely made of gemstones which are attacked to get turned into gems (its really good though weird). Little Witch Academia is just as its name says.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, eXtacy said:

I think its targeted more towards a woman audience.

The top rated non-sequels are this year, according to MyAnimeList.net

Made in Abyss - 8.92

Ancient Magnus Bride - 8.57 (still airing)

Tsuki ga Kirei - 8.36

Welcome to the Ballroom - 8.35

Maid Dragon - 8.20

Little Witch Academia - 8.17

Youjo Senki - 8.15

Land of the Lustrous - 8.05 (still airing)

Youjo Senki is the most macho thing of the lot so maybe try that (the main character is a legit evil antagonist!). Maid Dragon is also a fun comedy worth looking at. Tsuki ga Kerei is a high school romance. Welcome to Ballroom is about competitive dancing. Land of the Lustrous is an odd one to classify - its about these people entirely made of gemstones which are attacked to get turned into gems (its really good though weird). Little Witch Academia is just as its name says.

I actually watched Little Witch Academy which was a good watch, also enjoyed Youjo Senki which was different but not incredible.  Never heard of the others mentioned, I'll look through them.

Just finished 91 Days and Chuunibiyou.

Rikka chan is the ultimate best girl. Dekomori made me LOL really hard many times. Can't wait to watch the movie.

And 91 Days is basically Godfather: The Anime. Shit gets really intense in the second half. Worth watching.

Currently watching Nisekoi, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures and Mob Psycho 100.

4 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Just finished 91 Days and Chuunibiyou.

Rikka chan is the ultimate best girl. Dekomori made me LOL really hard many times. Can't wait to watch the movie.

And 91 Days is basically Godfather: The Anime. Shit gets really intense in the second half. Worth watching.

Currently watching Nisekoi, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures and Mob Psycho 100.

Better not be skipping parts 1 and 2 of Jojo.

• Like 1

I finally got around to watching Your Name.

Anime as a subgenre is known for being gorgeous eye candy, but Your Name is absolutely in a league of its own. Even a family member of mine who didn't know much about anime told me it was "crazy, but still the best looking film" he's ever seen. And I absolutely agree with him.

If you have not seen this film already, it is undoubtedly worth watching. Your Name is an unforgettable experience that, perhaps, gives glory to God and his ability to give us talent and passion for various artistries, just by looking as breathtaking as it does.

• Like 1