CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Riddick - 18.6M | The Butler - 8.9M | We're the Millers - 7.9M

Did everyone forget Riddick is an "R" rated flick

PG-13 gets more cash.

This is a superior film ......when compared to Chronicles and dare I say Pitch Black

That's good to know.  I enjoyed Pitch Black.  Chronicles, not so much.  

What's struck me is that outside of Fast and Furious, Vin Diesel is not a bankable actor.  After FF7 what will become of his career?

What's struck me is that outside of Fast and Furious, Vin Diesel is not a bankable actor.  After FF7 what will become of his career?

There's always the Pacifier 2  :D

See every 80's/90's action star for clues. 

But, in his defense, 80% of headlining actors aren't "bankable."

• Like 1

I had assumed Instructions Not Included was one of those out of nowhere Christian films that make money due to churches buying out screenings. But it's not that. So...how is this making money?

It has a very charismatic, likeable lead in Eugenio Derbez, it has connected with Latinos (a huge, and hugely underserved audience) in a way that no other recent film has, and it has a very family-friendly, tear-jerking premise that people of any race can relate to.
  • Like 3