jmovies

Season 1 Week #1

That's what I get for not even trying to PM people about alliances. It's been a rough few weeks with finals, etc so I guess it's only right I stay away from Survivor this season. Good luck guys.

--Signed, Season III Champ

:P

I swore I saw it was going wide. Fox Searchlight kind of fucked up this weekend.

BOM wasn't showing any TC changes so I assumed when you said wide it'd be going to around 1,000 or so, maybe a tiny bit higher.

But I did pretty radical awesome in some predictions so I'll forgive you for the misunderstanding. :P

I don't mind guessing PTA for new releases that are limited, because you have the theatre counts. But it can be really tricky for limited releases in subsequent weeks if you don't know the theatre count - you're pretty much just guessing.

Could I suggest jmovies that if there is no theatre count on BOM by the time you tell us what we're predicting that week, you just stick with wide releases?

You can find theater counts for everything by Friday. Sites other than BOM have them. Predicting PSA for smaller films is my favorite part of this game. It's the most challenging aspect. I'd much rather predict the third weekend of The Artist than Jack & Jill in its fifth, at #9 with $2.9 million. I really don't care about the latter.

Edited by RichWS