• Aladdin
    • Lion King
    • Pocahontas
    • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    • Hercules
    • Mulan
    • Tarzan

Hunchback and Hercules are both poor

Hunchback was the worst one out of that list. .Lol Captain Jack friend..  Was Rescuers down under

really that bad???  Yikes!!

Hey Cwitty I sort of liked Hercules, but I  agree its definitely not Disney at their best.

" Even though you have been raised as a human being, you are not one of them!"" They can be a great people Kal-EL!" " They only lack the light to show the way."" It is their capacity for good above all else, that I give them you. "My only son"

"The Lion King" :ph34r:

Posted Image

Kill the Sixteen :P!!!! lol  I know you didnt just say that :sick:

You will give the people  of earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun.

In time, you will help them accomplish wonders!!

Hunchback is excellent. It's soundtrack alone should guarantee it doesn't get any votes as worst.

The worst is Hercules. The animation is crap, the characters (minus Hades) are crap, and the songs and music are crap.

• Like 2

Hunchback is excellent. It's soundtrack alone should guarantee it doesn't get any votes as worst.

The worst is Hercules. The animation is crap, the characters (minus Hades) are crap, and the songs and music are crap.

I'm all for Hunchback getting some credit since it always seems to be overlooked. Some scenes are rather dark for a kid's movie (especially "Hellfire" ) but damn is it powerful. That said I completely disagree about your assessment of Hercules. It's one of my favorites but even if it wasn't and I did think it was the worst of that decade I still wouldn't call it crap. The great thing about this topic for me is that it isn't about choosing a bad movie more than it is determining which entry is the weakest relative to an incredibly strong field of contenders.  For example Pocahontas is clearly last in my book but it still had a good soundtrack imo and overall it still isn't bad.

• Like 1

This so much. I'd also echo the same for Rescuers Down Under. I just rewatched that film and my god was it fantastic. Especially that eagle flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYeWDfItmsY

• Like 1

You need to get your tastes checked if you think Meg, the Muses and their fabulous songs are crap. "I Won't Say I'm In Love" is easily in my Top 5 Disney songs.

• Like 1

I think Pocahontas is by the worst of the 90s movies. With that said, I still like it. The others are just so much better.

Yes, even Rescuers Down Under. I think it is an underrated movie. 

Lol Empire you and ruk got me wanting to see if I can see that Rescue down under movie. I loved

the original one. :) Good to see those characters back.

• Like 1

You need to get your tastes checked if you think Meg, the Muses and their fabulous songs are crap. "I Won't Say I'm In Love" is easily in my Top 5 Disney songs.

It was forgettable, just like every other song in the movie other than Go the Distance. Also, the muses are the worst Disney characters of the 90s. Maybe of the 2000s too, but I haven't seen Home on the Range and I hear the entire cast of that movie is awful.

I admit that Pocahontas is pretty weak, but I'm rather partial to it. It has flat characters, poor voice acting, and a weak villain that would have been better off not existing. And while it has some of the greatest songs of the Disney Renaissance (Just Around The Riverbend, Colors of the Wind, Steady as a Beating Drum in particular) the lyrics come off as rather awkward and unsubtle at times. I cringe every time I hear the line from Savages, "They're different from Us. Which means they must be evil." GAG. Yet, despite the endless list of flaws, I find myself strangely engaged in the story. And the animation, design, and the visuals overall are superb--arguably the best of the entire Renaissance. And again, the songs, despite some poor lyrics here and there, are great in a musical sense. The Colors of the Wind sequence is one of my favorite sequences EVER. So beautiful. It really could have been an amazing film. They definitely tried too hard.

Honestly, for my least favorite I'd probably pick Hercules. There's a lot to like about it, but I just don't find myself as engaged with it as the others. Mulan and Hunchback both suffer a bit by not being able to appropriately balance the serious stuff and the humor. The entire climax in Mulan is basically a long-running gag, which is unfortunate. 

Although the post-Lion King films are definitely flawed, I appreciate that they all seemed to try something different in terms of design, particularly character design. I guess they don't quite manage to leave behind the CalArts influence, but they have some unique and distinguishable qualities about them.

It was forgettable, just like every other song in the movie other than Go the Distance. Also, the muses are the worst Disney characters of the 90s. Maybe of the 2000s too, but I haven't seen Home on the Range and I hear the entire cast of that movie is awful.

Ok, I see we have graduated from crap to forgettable. :D And lol, Go the Distance was the most personality deprived song from the film despite a great tune by Menken. 

And it was genius on Disney's part to make the Muses sassy black gospel singers and challenge the notions of "inspiring beauty".

Posted Image

I admit that Pocahontas is pretty weak, but I'm rather partial to it. It has flat characters, poor voice acting, and a weak villain that would have been better off not existing. And while it has some of the greatest songs of the Disney Renaissance (Just Around The Riverbend, Colors of the Wind, Steady as a Beating Drum in particular) the lyrics come off as rather awkward and unsubtle at times. I cringe every time I hear the line from Savages, "They're different from Us. Which means they must be evil." GAG. Yet, despite the endless list of flaws, I find myself strangely engaged in the story. And the animation, design, and the visuals overall are superb--arguably the best of the entire Renaissance. And again, the songs, despite some poor lyrics here and there, are great in a musical sense. The Colors of the Wind sequence is one of my favorite sequences EVER. So beautiful. It really could have been an amazing film. They definitely tried too hard.

You hit the nail on the head. They tried way too hard with Pocahontas and what's more, the writing and lyrics were really clumsy and stupid like the example you gave from Savages. The entire film was just a poor attempt at Oscar baiting by Disney in the post-BatB era. 

Though I agree about the fluidity of the animation, the vibrant colors and tunes, especially Steady as a Beating Drum

The entire climax in Mulan is basically a long-running gag, which is unfortunate. 

That's not true at all though. 

Edited by Spidey Freak of Highgarden