• Beauty and the Beast
    • Aladdin
    • Lion King
    • Pocahontas
    • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    • Hercules
    • Mulan
    • Tarzan

Ok, after rewatching some films, I have to say Hercules was my least favorite. I just didn't care for the music. I have yet to see Hunchback of Notre Dame still.And the reason why I didn't put Rescuers Down Under in this poll was because everyone would have voted for it. :pAnd who voted for Mulan? :(

Edited by dracula

And the reason why I didn't put Rescuers Down Under in this poll was because everyone would have voted for it. :P 

Considering my comment about Rescuers Down Under being amazing has more likes than any other comment in this thread, that's kinda arguable.

In my opinion, it's the only truly good animated sequel Disney has ever done (although I've yet to see Fantasia 2000). At the very least, it's better than Hercules and Pocahontas.

I can't believe all of this hate for Hercules! James Woods is amazing as Hades as is Danny Devito as Philotetes and the story, while not accurate to the Greek myth, is still one of Disney's strongest. Some of the songs are meh but Go the Distance and I Won't Say I'm in Love are both really good. The only reason it's not near the top of this era is because of the sheer strength of the field and BatB and TLK are some of if not, the, greatest animations ever but Hercules still cracks my top 5. Definitely better than Pocahontas that's for sure.

• Like 2

If you add in TLM and Rescuers Down Under, it's basically asking which is the worst Renaissance film.

And it's Pocahontas. The music and quality of animation (both quite high) aren't enough to overcome the incredibly problematic storytelling elements. It's in the running for worst WDAS films ever.