Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

Screendaily.com "Captain America: The Winter Soldier added $35.3m and opened in second place in its final market of Japan on $2m to reach $385.1m.After four weeks it is tracking 199% ahead of the 2011 original, which ended on $194m. China is far and away the lead individual territory on $98.4m, followed by South Korea on $28.1m, the UK on $27.7m, Mexico on $23.4m and France on $16.2m."It opened 10% better than Thor 2 in Japan.

• Like 1

Screendaily.com"Captain America: The Winter Soldier added $35.3m and opened in second place in its final market of Japan on $2m to reach $385.1m.After four weeks it is tracking 199% ahead of the 2011 original, which ended on $194m. China is far and away the lead individual territory on $98.4m, followed by South Korea on $28.1m, the UK on $27.7m, Mexico on $23.4m and France on $16.2m."It opened 10% better than Thor 2 in Japan.

Japan gives 0 fucks, lol.

• Like 2

Screendaily.com"Captain America: The Winter Soldier added $35.3m and opened in second place in its final market of Japan on $2m to reach $385.1m.After four weeks it is tracking 199% ahead of the 2011 original, which ended on $194m. China is far and away the lead individual territory on $98.4m, followed by South Korea on $28.1m, the UK on $27.7m, Mexico on $23.4m and France on $16.2m."It opened 10% better than Thor 2 in Japan.

Second place in Japan ? No way CA:TWS gets higher number than Frozen and Conan

• Like 1

I think Cap will have a steady presence for a huge portion of the summer. 

With SM2 underwelming , there is no doubt about that. :).. Godzilla might be trouble though, but Cap2

should be close to 450M or better by the time  Godzilla hits OS. Expectingg 550-600+M OS for Godzilla or better.

Wow, TWS made $3.3m more in the UK and 3 million more in Mexico this week.  I thought when Spiderman came out they'd just pull it from the theaters. :lol:

Seriously, looks like it has a chance to near or match TDWs $31.8m in the UK after starting 30% behind and it's only few hundred thou behind TDW's final in Mexico (and more than $2m ahead of it's pace).

And :rotfl:  about Japan and it's zero f++++ given.

• Like 4

Every market counts!!! Cap 2 could do $7m in Japan. Double than the first one.

LOL oh I know. But this a just well known thing on how Japan reacts to SH movies in general not named Spiderman.

Well Jake Sully is sort of SH and hes not Spiderman Ecstasy..

In Japan he did 200+M :)

hehe you always find a way to bring Avatar into the discussion...

counting that as an SH movie might be stretching it a little ;)

I think its legs will be unusually strong. It might still be making over $100k per weekend in late July/early August.

100K is nothing for a film making hundreds of million, we won't even know since Studios don't give regular updates for films making that kind of money.

Whatever more it will gross OS doesn't really matter to me anymore. I'm hella satisfied with its success OS, completely exceed my expectations. My first thought was 280M :rofl: (what kind of Cap fan is that, right? Lol) I raised it to 330M later and that still fell way short. Honestly never thought a Captain America movie would gross that much internationally.

Parenthesis mean CA2 is ahead

CA2 vs

DOM                           OS                             WW

CA1        $(24,871,495)          $(191,184,731)          $(216,056,226)

Thor2      $4,818,131              $53,321,000             $58,139,131

IM1         $116,886,101          $(118,337,879)         $(1,451,778)

IM2         $110,907,331          $(73,600,000)           $37,307,331

MOS       $89,519,518            $(8,100,000)             $81,419,518

300/450  $98,474,000            $64,900,000             $163,374,000

Edited by 23IsEverywhere

But it won't outgross TASM ll, right? lol

I really don't care. CA: TWS's run dom, os, and ww have been very satisfying.

I don't think it will. But that's not the point of my post. JM is shutting down any and everybody who even points to it going in that direction, lol.  Whether it makes it there or not isn't relevant, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY