Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

I denmark were i live Cap opend to 1,2 mill 5 dayThat' s 15% more than the first did in its whole run.. And easter will come were movie's usually have great holds

• Like 9

TWS performance in my country has been exceptionally impressive!

On April, 9th only (a holiday), it gained 83.802 admissions in Viet Nam's biggest cinema chain (not including other chains).

Now it is the biggest grossing movie in a single day at Vietnamese box office thus far.

Also, according to the report, at the current rate, it is likely to beat Iron man 3 to become the top grossing movie in history  :P

Edited by Brianwest92
  • Like 12

TWS performance in my country has been exceptionally impressive!

On April, 9th only (a holiday), it gained 83.802 admissions in Viet Nam's biggest cinema chain (not including other chains).

Now it is the biggest grossing movie in a single day at Vietnamese box office thus far.

Also, according to the report, at the current rate, it is likely to beat Iron man 3 to become the top grossing movie in history  :P

So happy to see another Vietnamese here, I thought I'm the only one :3

TWS may be as big as IM3 in VN. Wow! Thats impressive :D

• Like 4

I just compared the 44 markets where CA:TWS opened already and BOM updated the totals with TDW and the difference is almost nothing (Some of them had 2 weeks and some only 1) 

Here it goes:

Thor:TDW $180.3m

CA:TWS $178.0m

Here it goes by continent: 

Continent / TDW / TWS

Asia / $54.4m / $79.1m

Africa / $1.4m / $1.2m

Latin America / $32.9 / $32.3m

Europe / $83.6m / $58.6m

Oceania / $8.0m / $6.8m

Edited by Henry I
  • Like 8

TWS performance in my country has been exceptionally impressive!On April, 9th only (a holiday), it gained 83.802 admissions in Viet Nam's biggest cinema chain (not including other chains).Now it is the biggest grossing movie in a single day at Vietnamese box office thus far.Also, according to the report, at the current rate, it is likely to beat Iron man 3 to become the top grossing movie in history :P

Thank you for updating us and welcome to the forum :DThat's incredible for Cap. Vietnam is a fast growing market. And looks like Marvel is very popular there. Avengers: Age of Ultron will be huge.Btw, do you know how much in dollars did IM3 gross over there? Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

TWS performance in my country has been exceptionally impressive!On April, 9th only (a holiday), it gained 83.802 admissions in Viet Nam's biggest cinema chain (not including other chains).Now it is the biggest grossing movie in a single day at Vietnamese box office thus far.Also, according to the report, at the current rate, it is likely to beat Iron man 3 to become the top grossing movie in history :P

Woah that's great for TWS in Vietnam. And we have 2 vietnamese members now :D When I see all this diversity here I'm still stunned about the fact we have no Japanese members!
  • Like 1

Thank you for updating us and welcome to the forum :DThat's incredible for Cap. Vietnam is a fast growing market. And looks like Marvel was very popular there. Avengers: Age of Ultron will be huge.Btw, do you know hoe much in dollars did IM3 over there?

Sorry, all i can find is its total in first 4 days. IM3:(4 days), $1 million

• Like 1

Thank you for updating us and welcome to the forum :DThat's incredible for Cap. Vietnam is a fast growing market. And looks like Marvel was very popular there. Avengers: Age of Ultron will be huge.Btw, do you know hoe much in dollars did IM3 over there?

I just remembered the last record was Kung Fu Panda 2 with 2.6m. Not sure about IM3, but it had the bigger OW :D

• Like 2

Just checked how Cap was performing in Romania. First weekend it was on 92 screens and grossed $250K whilst Noah, in its second weekend, on half as many screens, grossed $200K. I have to say, Captain seems to be under performing in my country, despite better reviews, better movie and a Romanian actor. What the fuck...

Thor grossed twice as much in its OW.

• Like 2

Just checked how Cap was performing in Romania. First weekend it was on 92 screens and grossed $250K whilst Noah, in its second weekend, on half as many screens, grossed $200K. I have to say, Captain seems to be under performing in my country, despite better reviews, better movie and a Romanian actor. What the fuck...

Thor grossed twice as much in its OW.

Cap is not popular like Thor in Europe :(

Cap is not popular like Thor in Europe :(

Yeah, I understand Europe in general, but the fact that it's Marvel and it has a Romanian actor playing quite a big role, I imagined it would do well. It's really surprising it's not doing well at all

Yeah, I understand Europe in general, but the fact that it's Marvel and it has a Romanian actor playing quite a big role, I imagined it would do well. It's really surprising it's not doing well at all

It could be an advertisement problem.Clearly superheroes are more popular in Asia and Latin America,and thankfully they are the fastest-growing markets so these movies won't stop to grow.Thor 3 and Captain America 3 will have a shot at 1B with bigger markets and the Avengers 2 effect.
  • Like 1

Variety is saying that Cap WW total is up to 363M. 

To date, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” has amassed a whopping $363 million globally.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/battle-of-the-sequels-captain-america-rio-2-each-tracking-in-high-30-millions-1201155725/

Any ideas to what date is that up to? Cause that doesn't sound like much if we count the 22M or so Cap took in during Mon-Thu frame in China.

Variety is saying that Cap WW total is up to 363M. 

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/battle-of-the-sequels-captain-america-rio-2-each-tracking-in-high-30-millions-1201155725/

Any ideas to what date is that up to? Cause that doesn't sound like much if we count the 22M or so Cap took in during Mon-Thu frame in China.

Some markets up to Wed, some up to Thur, Rth explained before.