Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/12/15/whats-going-on-with-star-trek-3/

When the news broke I told you I heard Orci was off the movie in everything but credit, and he took to TrekMovie.com to deny this. We'll see. I talked to some folks and have heard two different narratives about what happened in Orci's final days on Trek 3: one is that he quit because Paramount's notes on his script were untenable and the other was that Paramount shut the picture down a month ago and spent the time talking to other filmmakers before officially taking Orci off the project. Edgar Wright was offered the movie, but I'm assuming his experience with Ant-Man made him unwilling to pick up someone else's unfinished film. 

Maybe both narratives are true. I wonder if Paramount basically forced Orci to quit. If he did quit it was a surprise to many members of his pre-production team, who didn't see it coming. But what would have made him quit? What was the source of the disagreement between Orci and Paramount?

Guardians of the Galaxy. That's the movie that has a bug up Paramount's ass, and they want Star Trek 3 to feel more like Guardians. This comes on the heels of the first two movies being respectable, solid earners but not the kind of home runs Paramount needs. They want the third film to be huge, and they want it to be huge overseas especially. They look at Rocket and Groot and then they look at Keenser and they wonder why he doesn't have more of a role. 

:rofl:

But really, the way other studios are trying to ape Marvel is pathetic. It's just as bad as the descent into darkness after TDK. Hollywood studios don't value true originality unless it originates somewhere else and can be copied on the cheap. Which means that most studios don't value originality at all.  :sadno:

• Like 3

Star trek isn't guardians and guardians isnt star trek. They should focus on making an awesome star trek movie that people will support, not adding comedy characters.

It says they want more profit but if you look at where the brand was, I think theyve already brought it back to a great place. Hollywood is never satisfied.

Edited by RaidensSword
  • Like 3

I think Blokamp only does his 'original' movies. After Elysium I don't think he is the best choice, need to wait for Chappie.

Why not, it was a well directed movie, the script just wasn't that great and im sure he wont be writing the script for Star Trek

Saying "Wyatt, Tyldum, Espinola, and Lin" doesnt help me. Who? Subtitles people, I need subtitles!

But seriously can we notbe so vague in the titles? Not everyone here is Jack Nevada and knows the entite Hollywood roster.

You're on a movie forum. I think you should get with the program. 

• Like 4