Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Trailers are always 10 minutes by me, so that translates to 4 or 5 trailers. Sometimes I've gotten 6. If it's animated with a short they go down to have the short fill in the remaining 10 minutes.

Ohmygod yesterday this guy came in to watch MJ2 about 40 minutes after it started and we said "you do know you missed the first 40 minutes" he said "no I only missed about 2 or 3 bc trailers"

"um no there's only about 10 maybe 15 minutes of trailers unfortunately, but we can sell you a ticket for this still if you'd like, or even a later show"

"that's not true. It's been proven that theatres play 45 minutes of previews"

"um sir I'm not entirely sure which theatre you usually go to but unfortunately we never have more than 15 minutes of trailers"

"don't you dare f***** lie to me. I don't know why you won't let me see this f***** movie but I want to talk to a manager about you, cause apparently you don't give a s*** about customer service"

then the girl working next to me stepped in "not when the customer is being an idiot."

The man left.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ohmygod yesterday this guy came in to watch MJ2 about 40 minutes after it started and we said "you do know you missed the first 40 minutes" he said "no I only missed about 2 or 3 bc trailers"

"um no there's only about 10 maybe 15 minutes of trailers unfortunately, but we can sell you a ticket for this still if you'd like, or even a later show"

"that's not true. It's been proven that theatres play 45 minutes of previews"

"um sir I'm not entirely sure which theatre you usually go to but unfortunately we never have more than 15 minutes of trailers"

"don't you dare f***** lie to me. I don't know why you won't let me see this f***** movie but I want to talk to a manager about you, cause apparently you don't give a s*** about customer service"

then the girl working next to me stepped in "not when the customer is being an idiot."

The man left.

fucking hate when customers are like this. If you turn up after the official start time then it is 100% your fault if the adverts are shorter than you think and you miss some of the film. And 45 minutes, what an idiot. Most cinemas play around 20 minutes of ads/trailers, sometimes less sometimes more. (at least here) I personally would not risk being later than 10 minutes.

I am sympathetic to customers when we have less ads than usual - 95% of the time it's 20 minutes, so customers get used to that. Sometimes on opening weekend of big movies, we'll only run 10 minutes of ads, and then people turn up a few mins into the film. I do sympathise with them... but at the same time it's their fault and if they get angry then my sympathy will vanish quite quickly...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Jesus Christ!? People come late intentionally because they don't want to sit through trailers? :wacko:

Yeah, lot of people arrive 10 mins after the start time because they know the first 20 mins will not be the movie.

Just now, Telemachos said:

The Arclight won't seat you if you show up after 5 minutes from when the show starts. They also play a max of three trailers, and there's no commercials or "pre-screening entertainment".

Just 3 trailers? That sounds awful

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The Arclight won't seat you if you show up after 5 minutes from when the show starts. They also play a max of three trailers, and there's no commercials or "pre-screening entertainment".

We only refuse to let someone in once the film has started. But then 5 minutes would make sense if there's only 5 minutes of trailers.

22 minutes ago, Treelo the Good Treenosaur said:

We only refuse to let someone in once the film has started. But then 5 minutes would make sense if there's only 5 minutes of trailers.

We let people in whenever they want, we just let them know mow much of the movie they missed. I guess it's cause we don't think they would disturb the audience because there's always people getting up to go to the bathroom and get refills anyways.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

We let people in whenever they want, we just let them know mow much of the movie they missed. I guess it's cause we don't think they would disturb the audience because there's always people getting up to go to the bathroom and get refills anyways.

Yeah I think the policy we have is a little strange, it's no more disturbing than someone going to the toilet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

The Boeing IMAX usually has no trailers. I wonder if that's just an IMAX thing, though.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Just 3 trailers? That sounds awful

Well, there's the two they have to show for the studio, and then they can pick one trailer that's actually good.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

We don't need no high-class aristocratic nonsense like that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Yes but they also have the worst most uncomfortable seats in the fucking world. They don't recline an inch ether. I won't go there anymore unless its for a screening or the Dome. 

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Yes but they also have the worst most uncomfortable seats in the fucking world. They don't recline an inch ether. I won't go there anymore unless its for a screening or the Dome. 

The lower row seats recline, you heathen.

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

As a short person I prefer there were no tall people allowed in the theater potentially blocking my view. :ph34r:

I can't recall the last time I was in a theater that had seating where that was possible. Unless we're talking like Kareem or Shaq tall. I'm only ~6'3".

Edited by Orestes

11 minutes ago, Orestes said:

I can't recall the last time I was in a theater that had seating where that was possible. Unless we're talking like Kareem or Shaq tall. I'm only ~6'3".

Shaq sitting in front of you would be a lesser height difference than you sitting in front of me.  I'm going to need you to courteously slide down a bit into your seat even in most movie theater stadium seating. :P

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Shaq sitting in front of you would be a lesser height difference than you sitting in front of me.  I'm going to need you to courteously slide down a bit into your seat even in most movie theater stadium seating. :P

Sure thing, shorty. ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, damienroc said:

The Boeing IMAX usually has no trailers. I wonder if that's just an IMAX thing, though.

Well, there's the two they have to show for the studio, and then they can pick one trailer that's actually good.

Every IMAX I been to expect seeing Interstellar in 70mm had trailers.