Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Any references to the 50th anniversary like what Skyfall did with Bond?

I posted an article link with stuff in it if you don't want to be surprised.  It's a few pages back.

6 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Really feeling like this will do 60m+. The fanbase is there, buzz feels like it has finally picked up, so if the reviews are good people will come out. When does the embargo lift?

No idea, although we could be seeing a repeat of IDR with American critics being all salty and shit

7 hours ago, antovolk said:

No idea, although we could be seeing a repeat of IDR with American critics being all salty and shit

I couldn't possibly care less what the critics say about Star Trek.  This isn't some unknown property I need a nudge on.  It sounds great, and I am excited for this one!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I'm broke but debating to go to the Hollywood bowl and see Star Trek with a live orchestra and Giacchino at the helm.

Doitdoitdoit 

(on a more serious note, do it. the first one and Into Darkness live at the Albert Hall back in 2014 were my first live-with-orchestra showings and they were fantastic. Interstellar with Zimmer the following year was absolute gawd-level. Going to ID4 in Sept and ET in Dec.)

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Doitdoitdoit 

(on a more serious note, do it. the first one and Into Darkness live at the Albert Hall back in 2014 were my first live-with-orchestra showings and they were fantastic. Interstellar with Zimmer the following year was absolute gawd-level. Going to ID4 in Sept and ET in Dec.)

I really want to go to ID4 but I can't justify 8 hours of travelling on a weekday :(. If it were one day later...

If the movie's good, how come they're not screening it for critics? i feel like that's never a thing unless they're determined to keep a lid on major spoilers, but i don't think that'd be the case with this movie.

that's the only thing that makes me nervous, because i really want to see it and i've been rooting for this for a long time. even if it sucks, i'll still see it, but i was kinda getting my hopes up in the last couple days with positive word trickling in.

can the person who saw it tell us if there's any reason to think it could get trashed by critics? because they actually liked the first two in the series.

24 minutes ago, adrianarose27 said:

If the movie's good, how come they're not screening it for critics? i feel like that's never a thing unless they're determined to keep a lid on major spoilers, but i don't think that'd be the case with this movie.

that's the only thing that makes me nervous, because i really want to see it and i've been rooting for this for a long time. even if it sucks, i'll still see it, but i was kinda getting my hopes up in the last couple days with positive word trickling in.

can the person who saw it tell us if there's any reason to think it could get trashed by critics? because they actually liked the first two in the series.

They are. Just there aren't any (at the moment) screenings for 'local' US critics outside LA/NY. It's also being screened to critics internationally - there was a screening in London earlier today.

Nothing happening atm that may indicate that it's bad....

Edited by antovolk

On 08/07/2016 at 5:10 PM, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

It's an example of more dumb Millennial PC shit that could've just as easily been accomplished by establishing new characters in the TREK Universe to do this with instead of doing this with already established characters.. Hollywood is simply trying too hard on this PC crap.. 1st Ghostbusters, now Star Trek.. I don't expect people around here to agree with this sentiment, nor do I care, but I hope this movie fails miserably as a result of this...

You are a hypocrite. It was created new characters for the new Ghostbusters and you keep complaining because they are ... WOMEN.
You would complain if they put a new character (gay) in Star Trek the same way that you are complaining about THE NEW Ghostbusters CHARACTERS, because you are clearly biased and a misogynist.

I see no problem with the sexuality of Sulu and people should stop being so amazed with news like this. Homosexuals are normal people like any other.

I truly hope you will get banned for this ridiculous and disgusting comment.

• Like 2