grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

I'm not seeing many sellouts in LA. A couple scattered here and there.

None at my local theater and surrounding areas. Long Beach is having a steady stream of sell outs though.

eta: spoke to soon my local has 1 sell out so far. The 6:40 sold out.

Edited by ECSTASY

• Founder / Operator

I could be wrong, but I still see this continuing to perform in line with Iron Man 3. The trajectory of Marvel movies has definitely started forming a pattern over the years and I don't know why this would be any different.

I could be wrong, but I still see this continuing to perform in line with Iron Man 3. The trajectory of Marvel movies has definitely started forming a pattern over the years and I don't know why this would be any different.

What do you mean, legs-wise?

Mainly the internal weekend holds, but I'm not ruling overall legs either. $200m definitely is questionable with an opening of $81m-ish.

Never expected it could go that low. True, it might increase (might, because we don't know how THG: CF will affect it) from the first, but it's not something to be ecstatic about considering all factors going for it, the budget, inflation, etc. The first one made 181 M. If this makes 185 M, 190 M, that's no expansion at all. Somewhat shocked here.

• Founder / Operator

AKA: I won.

We shall see, sir! I need $190 million... I think it can get there pending word of mouth from general audience.

I'm questionable on $190m, even. Two 55+% drops seem like a given, and comic book films in general appear to have become the second most frontloaded genre in the last couple years.

Never expected it could go that low. True, it might increase (might, because we don't know how THG: CF will affect it) from the first, but it's not something to be ecstatic about considering all factors going for it, the budget, inflation, etc. The first one made 181 M. If this makes 185 M, 190 M, that's no expansion at all. Somewhat shocked here.

I still think holiday legs could help... a little.

• Like 1