4. The Dark Knight

5. Oldboy

6. X2: X-Men United

7. Oblivion

8. The Avengers

9. Sin City

10. Iron Man 3

Top 5 Villains

1. The Joker (Heath Ledger- The Dark Knight)

2. John Rooney (Paul Newman- Road to Perdition)

3. Lee Woo-Jin (Yoo Ji-tae- Oldboy)

4. General Zod (Terence Stamp- Superman/Superman II)

5. Magneto (Ian McKellen/Michael Fassbender- X-Men Series)

Top 3 of 2013

1. Oblivion

2. Iron Man 3

3. The Wolverine

1. Batman (1989)
2. Oldboy
3. Batman Begins
4. Batman Returns
5. Sin City
6. X2
7. The Avengers
8. The Crow
9. Watchmen
10. Timecop

Now you go PM that list to Ed and PM it now! Oldboy is making it into the top 10 this year or I riot!

Top 10 Comic Book Movies of All Time

10. Scott Pilgrim vs the World

9. Captain America

8. Men in Black

7. Iron Man 3

6. Berserk: The Golden Age Arc (technically a trilogy but still)

5. Sin City

Gotta love this flick. It's stylish, brutal, more brutal and has some great/badass performances from people like Mickey Rourke and Clive Owen. It's a shame Frank Miller went kinda nuts after writing it though. 

4. Speed Racer
It technically counts since Speed Racer was a manga first, then became an anime, then a film. Anyway this, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated films ever and one of my favourite Wachowski flicks. Because it's fantastically, enjoyably over-the-top and revels in every minute of it. The races in this film put flicks like Fast & Furious to shame and the visuals hold up remarkably well. Admittedly, there are annoying elements to it, like Spritle and Chim Chim (who I'm convinced were just shoved in there because some executive wanted them), but there's so much awesomeness to the rest of the film that I'm willing to overlook. While it didn't do well critically or financially after first release, it seems like this film is starting to get a cult following and may end up being vindicated by history and, honestly, I can't think of a more deserving film.

3. Dark Knight
No explanation needed.

2. Avengers
I ranked this above the Dark Knight after a lot of painful deliberation (and a coin toss). But it deserves this place. After all, it was the film that proved a large-scale shared movie universe could not only work, but work very well. Screentime and development of each character is so very well balanced and it keeps you entertained almost all the way through and the climax is massive enough to live up to all the build-up that came before.

1. Akira
Because screw Nolan/Marvel fanboys.

Q. What makes a good comic book movie to you?(sticking to the the comics, special effects, story,etc)
A. A good comic book movie is a movie based on a comic book which is also good. There's no particular rules a comic book movie needs to follow that a regular movie shouldn't also follow.

Top 5 Comic Book Movies based on Special Effects
5. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
4. Nausicaa
3. The Avengers
2. Akira
1. Speed Racer

Top 5 Comic Book Movie Villains
5. Tetsuo (Akira)
4. Loki (The Avengers)
3. Griffith (Berserk: The Golden Age Arc)
2. The Joker (Ledger)
1. L (Death Note) (I'm going by antagonists rather than outright villains, since there'd be a lot of debate as to who's technically a villain in that movie/series)

The Top 3 Comic Book Movies of 2013
3. The Wolverine
2. Thor: The Dark World
1. Iron Man 3

Edited by rukaio101

Top 10 Comic Book Movies of All Time10. Men In Black9. Batman (1989)8. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World7. Spider Man II6. V for Vendetta5. Sin City- Outstanding story progression, the individual stories flowed very well between one another.- Great performances from the cast, bringing Frank Millers characters to life in badass fashion.4. Batman Begins- Faith in Batman movies restored- Outstanding beginning that is essential to understanding Bruce Wayne/Batman3. Batman Returns- Iconic portrayal of Catwoman- The most badass Batman movie2. The Dark Knight- Outstanding Villains in the Joker and his creation Two Face- Outstanding and epic movie score1. The Dark Knight Rises- Yet again another outstanding villain in Bane, and excellent portrayal of the semi-villain turned good in Catwoman- Batman overcame the impossible and won, because he's BatmanQ. What makes a good comic book movie to you?(sticking to the the comics, special effects, story,etc)A. - Movie must stay as true to the character as possible within the confines of the story. the Protagonist(s) and Antagonist(s) must be the driving force of the storyTop 5 Comic Book Movies based on Special Effects5. Watchmen4. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World3. The Dark Knight Rises2. The Avengers1. Speed RacerTop 5 Comic Book Movie Villains5. Bane (The Dark Knight Rises, 2012)4. The Joker (Batman, 1989)3. Loki (Thor, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World)2. Two Face (The Dark Knight, 2008)1. The Joker (The Dark Knight, 2008)The Top 3 Comic Book Movies of 20133. Thor: The Dark World2. Oblivion1. Man of Steel

Top 10 comic book movies of all time.

[*]The Dark Knight [*]Batman Begins [*]The Dark Knight Rises [*]Batman 1989 [*]Spider-Man 2 [*]V for Vendetta [*]Road to Perdition [*]Men In Black [*]Captain America [*]The Avengers

Are we counting Animated DC films and films based on manga (like Akira)?

Yeah, do manga adaptations and animated DC movies count? Because my list would change depending on the answer.

Never mind, if Oldboy made it to the top 20 last time, then I guess manga adaptations count.

Edited by Bad Cap