#ED

BoxOffice.com's Top 10 Comic Book Movies Of All Time (2013) [Ranking thread]

Yeah, do manga adaptations and animated DC movies count? Because my list would change depending on the answer.

Never mind, if Oldboy made it to the top 20 last time, then I guess manga adaptations count.

From what I can tell, manga adaptations count, but the film has to be one that made it into cinemas, so no direct-to-TV/DVD films like the animated DC films.

Not sure if I should do a list or not. It's cause you asked for "comic books movies" instead of "superheroes movies", it kinda throws a wench into things. I don't know, for me, it feels weird and not quite right putting a movie like Oldboy into a list consists of Avengers, Dark Knight, Spidey, etc...

• Like 1

1. Oldboy

2. The Dark Knight

3. Batman Begins

4. The Dark Knight Rises

5. Batman

6. X-Men First Class

7. Scott Pilgrim 

8. Sin City 

9.  History of Violence 

10. v for vendetta

Top 5 Villains

1. The Joker (Heath Ledger- The Dark Knight)

2. Lee Woo-Jin (Yoo Ji-tae- Oldboy)

3. Catwoman- Michelle Pfeiffer  

4.  Magneto (Ian McKellen/Michael Fassbender- X-Men Series)

Top 3 of 2013

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

If it's all right, I'd like to post some tentative selections here, then send a finalized "real" list later as a PM, since I'm sure I'll reconsider some of these.

1. Danger: Diabolik2. Shamo3. Batman Returns4. Speed Racer5. Ghost in the Shell6. Dredd7. The Dark Knight Rises8. A History of Violence9. For Love's Sake10. Hardware (not officially a comic adaptation, but it's pretty damn blatant)

Looking at this list I guess what I mainly look for is a strong visual sensibility. I don't necessarily mean special effects, but also cinematography and production design. It's why I prefer Burton's Batmans to Nolan's—Nolan's good with moments, but I don't consider him much of a stylist. (I didn't put Batman '89 on this list because I wanted to keep it to one film per director.) Other runners-up: Batman '66, Batman Begins, A Battle of Wits, Captain America, For Love's Sake, Iron Man 3, Jin-Roh, Lady Snowblood, Story of Ricky.

Edited by Bob Violence

I'm posting mine here for fun (I pm'd it so don't count mine twice) just because I want to see reactions on a couple of these

Top 10 Comic Book Movies of All Time

10.Iron Man 3

9.Superman II

8.Kick-Ass

7.Spider-Man 2

6.The Avengers

5.The Dark Knight

4.Iron Man

3.Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

2.Superman

1.Men in Black

Q. What makes a good comic book movie to you?(sticking to the the comics, special effects, story,etc)
A. -

Top 5 Comic Book Movies based on Special Effects
5.The Amazing Spider-Man
4.The Dark Knight Rises
3.Thor: The Dark World
2.Iron Man 3
1.The Avengers

Top 5 Comic Book Movie Villains
5.General Zod (Original Super-Man)
4.Ben Kingsley's Mandarin (Iron Man 3) (Explanation: I absolutely loved the plot twist, it turned a generic comic book terrorist villain into one of the most inventive comic book villains out there (yes, he was still a villain). However, Killion or however you spell it was an awful villain and was what brought the movie down)
3.Loki
2.The Joker
1.Zack Snyder (Explanation: Any comic book movie (or movie in general) he touches turns to garbage, and is leading the DC movies to cinematic hell, so he is by default the biggest villain of (to) comic books)

The Top 3 Comic Book Movies of 2013
3.The Wolverine
2.Thor: The Dark World
1.Iron Man 3

• Like 1

Not sure if I should do a list or not. It's cause you asked for "comic books movies" instead of "superheroes movies", it kinda throws a wench into things. I don't know, for me, it feels weird and not quite right putting a movie like Oldboy into a list consists of Avengers, Dark Knight, Spidey, etc...

No! You make a list, you make it now and you put Oldboy at number!

I don''t care if all you do is send Ed a PM that goes:

1. Oldboy

That's more than fine with me. Hell just copy that and paste it in his inbox. I am not going another year of seeing Oldboy get a great start on these votes just for arsing XMen 3 or whatever to beat it to 10th place in the final week.

I'm glad people also remember MEn in Black is a comic book. Less happy that Hellboy is forgotton though. :(

• Like 1

1. The Dark Knight

2. V for Vendetta

3. The Incredible Hulk

4. Spider-Man 2

5. The Dark Knight Rises

6. X-Men 2

7. X-Men: First Class

8. Spider-Man

9. X-Men

10.The Wolverine

I like the X-Men love. B)

No! You make a list, you make it now and you put Oldboy at number!I don''t care if all you do is send Ed a PM that goes:1. OldboyThat's more than fine with me. Hell just copy that and paste it in his inbox. I am not going another year of seeing Oldboy get a great start on these votes just for arsing XMen 3 or whatever to beat it to 10th place in the final week.I'm glad people also remember MEn in Black is a comic book. Less happy that Hellboy is forgotton though. :(

You convinced me :) I'll get my list up soon. Feels kinda weird but oh well. Yep, Oldboy is definitely topping that list :D
  • Like 2

[*]The Dark Knight

[*]The Dark Knight Rises

[*]The Avengers

[*]X Men 2

[*]Watchmen

[*]Batman Begins

[*]Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

[*]Iron Man

[*]Superman: The Movie

[*]Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Honorable Mentions: Akira, Men in Black, Hellboy, The Incredible Hulk etc.

Top 5 Comic Book Movies based on Special Effects

5. The Dark Knight

4. Iron Man 3

3. Hellboy II: The Golden Army

2. Watchmen

1. The Avengers

Top 5 Comic Book Movie Villains

5. Loki (Thor, Avengers)

4. Two Face (The Dark Knight)

3. Tetsuo (Akira)

2. Ozymandias (Watchmen)

1. The Joker (The Dark Knight)