Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Well of course the 70m is suspect. But what can you do? I remember Bourne Legacy  opening weekend estimate was 40m. When actuals rolled in it was down to 38m. It's all smoke and mirrors and a couple mil is no big deal in reality. But 40 looks so much better than 38 in print, just like 70 looks much better than 68m.

Fudging suggest the studios don't take our hobby seriously.
  • Like 2

I've come to the conclusion that the problem is Lionsgate didn't correctly market the IMAX. Watch the IMAX ratio will be far smaller then all other blockbusters.

Completely agree. I didn't realize that the movie had almost an hour of IMAX footage prior to viewing. I knew it had IMAX, but didn't think that it was so many scenes.

The IMAX scenes are amazing though, and make the IMAX price of admission worth it. But I am shocked they didn't push IMAX as much, especially compared to STID, MoS, Pac Rim, or Gravity. Most of which had minimal IMAX shots.

• Like 2

Hopefully this can hit 50m. Did you ever look at how Minneapolis/ St. Paul are doing? 

Regal Egan 2 sellouts

Regal Brooklyn I didn't see any

Didn't check AMC.

You guys don't have a lot of movie theaters huh?

• Like 2