CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2013 (Winners in 1st post - I'm bored...)

Talking about Crone's dumbass "white power" tweets.

yep

idk what she was talking about

hopefully when I see 12Yas I can see 4 myself abt Lupita

I was actually rooting for her

Edited by Leyla

Probably best for 12 Years to not dominate the awards conversation early on a la Zero Dark Thirty and The Social Network. But this does confirm Hustle's viability as a BP contender after a positive but somewhat muted early critics response. 

“The Best Supporting Actress vote went on for three ballots, and was very close between Hustle‘s Jennifer Lawrence and 12 Years A Slave‘s Lupita N’yongo. Nebraska‘s June Squibb was in there but not very strongly.

“The Best Director voting was very strongly for Steve McQueen, David O’Russell, Alfonso Cuaron and the Coen brothers but McQueen and Russell were very close…and then McQueen took it on the fourth ballot.

“There was no strong challenge against Cate Blanchett for Best Actress although there was some support for Adele “whatsername” (i.e., Exarchopoulos) and Hustle‘s Amy Adams.

“Robert Redford‘s Best Actor trophy was decided on a second ballot. The bulk of the first-ballot votes went to Redford and Slave‘s Chiweitel Ejiofor. A certain level of support was also there for Oscar Isaac, Bruce Dern and Matthew McConaughey.

Jared Leto took Best Supporting Actor on the second ballot. His closest competitors were 12 Years A Slave‘s Michael Fassbender and Spring Breakers‘ James Franco. Jonah Hill got a couple of votes but nothing to speak of.

“After the Best Screenplay win for Eric Singer and David O. Russell’s American Hustle, the strongest runner-up was Before Midnight followed by Spike Jonze‘s Her screenplay and the Coen brothers’Inside Llewyn Davis.

• Like 1